15

FEARLESS | xv.
"Sometimes we have to break promises, Reyna. I truly am sorry but this is survival."

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The army made it in front of Mount Weather by dawn, the warriors marched with power, ready to conquer the Mountain.

Reyna was having a conversation with Octavia as they approached closer to the Mountain. She noticed warriors separating by their positions and looked around for the warriors she knew.

When she spotted Talia walking ahead of her she shifted her stare to Octavia who was looking for Indra. "I have to go with Talia, she's on the same position as I am." Reyna told her and Octavia nodded with a small smile.

"I know, just be safe." Octavia spoke and Reyna nodded with a grateful smile. "I don't want to lose you, Rey."

"I will. Same goes to you, O." Reyna told her and gave her a tight hug of goodbye for now, but Reyna knew she would see Octavia again. They were both fighters and she knew they were both going to make it out alive.

After they said their goodbyes they went separate ways. Reyna approached Talia and tapped her shoulder and she walked by her side.

"What happened back there with Clarke?" Talia asked curiously.

"She tried to reassign me and Octavia to the rear guard." Reyna rolled her eyes and Talia scoffed.

"Did she really think you were going to listen to her? You trained so you could fight as one of the warriors not stand guard." Talia added and Reyna nodded.

"I don't listen to Clarke's orders anymore, I'm Trikru now." Reyna told her and she nodded with a smirk.

They walked in silence for a few moments until Reyna asked, "What happens when we make it inside?"

"We fight." Talia shortly replied, "The enemy will be waiting, they know we're coming and their defenses will be good but we'll be better."

"Why are you so sure?" Reyna asked again out of curiosity.

"Because I've trained with our warriors all my life, I know what they're capable of." Talia answered, "The Mountain will finally fall."

"The Mountain men have guns, a lot of lives will be lost." Reyna sighed.

"It's war, Reyna." Talia replied, "Some have to lose their lives for the others to survive."