11

FEARLESS | xi.

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The Bunker.

The bunker that their lives depended on had been shut, leaving everyone except Skaikru to die in the deadly fire that was soon going to lay waste on the land.

Reyna had never left the temple, she sat by the door of the bunker all night long. The people left outside were her responsibility, and if the door didn't open, she would fail them all. The weight of survival depended fully on her and Octavia. She felt it more each dreadful hour that passed.

The minutes were counting down, and she had a small amount of time to figure out a way to open the door, or they would all be dead.

She looked across the room, eyes fixing on the shut door. The people were certainly going to ask why is it taking so long, and she would have to stand in front of them and tell them the truth.

She stayed in the temple in hopes of the door opening, but also because she needed to be alone. Her head was a riot of emotions. She would not let Skaikru get away with this. She gave the order one hundred for each or none. Every other clan was doing as she told, making lists of most important members of their clan, children, strong warriors, healers, farmers, hunters, making sure their clan members had a mix of people to ensure their survival once Praimfaya is over and the ground is survivable again. Skaikru just assumed they would all survive and everyone else be damned.

Adria had joined her after awhile, sitting on one of the stools in the corner as Reyna continued pacing around the room.

"I talked with some of the warriors from Azgeda, we could break the door open if we don't find a way in soon." Adria spoke, eyes focusing on Reyna's back.

"We would die either way." Reyna shook her head lightly, closing her eyes for a moment before she turned around and faced the girl behind her, "If we destroy the door, we won't be able to repair it before Praimfaya comes."

"There must be something we can do." Adria rose up from her seat, furrowing her eyebrows slightly as she stared at Reyna,

"There isn't." Reyna answered simply, turning around again and facing the door. The sound of footsteps was light, but it still reached her ears. It only increased as the people got closer, the door of the temple opening shortly after, revealing Octavia with Indra by her side.

"Did you find any other way in?" Reyna questioned, eyes flashing with hope as she looked back and forth between Indra and Octavia.