3

FEARLESS | iii.
"Lexa created a killer."

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

As Reyna let an arrow fly from her bow she watched as it pierced the target ahead of her right in the center.

She pulled out another arrow from the bag on her back before she attached the arrow to the string. She raised the bow and held it out towards the target before she pulled the drawstring towards her face. And finally she relaxed her fingers on the string and released the arrow. It landed right beside her previous one but then she heard crunching behind her so she glanced back and noticed Indra.

"You are acting reckless." Indra said with a stern voice causing Reyna to let out an annoyed huff.

"I'm just trying to cope with my feelings, Indra." Reyna focused back on her bow as she placed another arrow in the string and tried to ignore Indra's hard stare.

"What you're doing is not coping, you are going to get yourself killed." Indra stepped towards her and stood by her side as Reyna tried to line up with her target but Indra's presence was enough to distract her.

"I want to feel something." Reyna said under her breath loud enough for Indra to hear, "Sorry if you don't understand that."

"I do understand." Indra answered, "But you're throwing your life away. I'm trying to help you but now I wonder if you're too far gone." She looked at Reyna with a hard stare.

"I wonder that too sometimes." Reyna shrugged.

"If you continue with your little game, you're going to get yourself killed, and not just yourself but all of us, Trikru, Octavia." Indra's blood ran cold as she said that.

"I'm not going to-"

"You are playing with fire, playing with power." Indra cut her off, "Be careful, Reyna. If you let power get to your head it may shut your heart out. You may lose your sanity. I don't want that to happen to you." Her voice wavered, "I don't want you to descend into madness."

Without another word Indra disappeared from Reyna's sight leaving her standing alone with confusion clouding her features.

༄༄༄

When Reyna returned to Polis she walked through the busy streets noticing the stares people were sending her way. Some of the looks she read as fear, some respect and some hate.

She tried to push her thoughts away but Indra's words played in her mind over and over again.

But Reyna wouldn't let those words get to her, she couldn't let anyone distract her right now. She had an enemy to fight, and not just the end of the world but Azgeda too.