17

FEARLESS | xvii.
"She was completely lost but she didn't want to be found."

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The next few chapters are not following the storyline of the show.

A few weeks into Reyna and Clarke's flee were going fine. The two of them had traveled through the woods, far away from the Sky people.

Reyna thought they were in Trikru territory but they had no map so she couldn't know for sure.

She walked away from what was once her home on the ground to find her way into living in the wilderness.

She feared that the world she lived in had finally broken her, all that remained were the shadows of her former self and nightmares she had at night.

In the nightmares she could see her loved ones standing before her, calling her a murderer, a bloodthirsty monster. Her hands would be coated with crimson red blood and dead bodies would be laying around her.

She would beg them to stop, but when she did they only taunted louder. Reyna felt like she had lost her mind, she wanted it to disappear, she wanted it all to stop.

There was a dark shadow inside her and it begun to take shape, Reyna couldn't stop it, but she didn't know if she even wanted to. She didn't want to fight it because maybe it was who she truly was.

The shadow had always been a part of her, it was just waiting to be released. The shadow was the voice she heard in her nightmares, telling her that it was okay to let the darkness out and to let it consume her.

She didn't need the light to guide her anymore, she lost the light after Mount Weather.

Hours had passed since she left the place her and Clarke lived in; a small bunker. They found the bunker a few days after they left and decided that it was the safest place they could stay at.

The sun was moving low in the sky. Reyna panicked, she had left in the morning to hunt down some animals because the area the two of them had found their habitat at had been scarce of prey for a couple of days. So Reyna gathered her gear and left early in the morning so she could hunt down the food.

She never expected it would take as much time as it did to find animals but there was no trace of them. She hadn't come across any other living creatures.

Reyna's eyes scanned around the woods, and then she realized that she didn't mark the way she came from. She was running out of light, her frustration grew and she kicked some logs with her foot. It was overwhelming, she had no idea how to get back and it was getting darker every moment that passed.