1

FEARLESS | i.
"Where the hell are they?"

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Reyna ran for what it seemed like hours, she needed to get as far from the dropship as she could. Her leg ached for awhile due to the stab wound which was now bleeding.

It was dawn, the cool wind blew through the trees making them rustle. The night had turned into morning. The sun was slowly raising up in the horizon and making its way up to the cloudy sky.

Soft light was shining through the trees. Her leg aching with pain Reyna sprinted through the green forest. She had one of her swords in her hand, holding the handle tightly as she jumped over some fallen tree logs. She ran until she got to a large jewel-blue stream in the forest. She walked closer and bent her head down and drank some of the refreshing water.

"Reyna?" She heard a voice she thought she would never hear again. She smiled widely and whirled around to see Darius standing there in his armour with a wide smile plastered on his face.

She ran towards him and engulfed him into a hug. When she felt his arms wrap around her she completely melted into his embrace. A breath she didn't know she was holding left her mouth as a few tears fell down her cheeks. Closing her eyes she inhaled his scent, the scent of musk that felt like home. She felt him place a kiss onto the exposed skin of her neck and her smile widened. She didn't know how long they stood there, embracing each other in the middle of the forest. The only sounds their breaths and the chirping of birds nearby. She pulled back, just enough so she could gaze into his eyes.

"I'm so glad you're alive." Reyna said out of breath, the relief evident in her words.

Darius just crashed his lips against hers. Moving one of his hands to cup her cheek, she smiled into the kiss, her heart pounding out of her chest. Her hands went to his back, she ran her fingers down his spine gently, pulling him closer. After a few minutes Darius pulled away, only an inch away from her, pressing his forehead against hers. The look into his eyes made Reyna's heartbeat even faster. She opened her mouth. She wanted to tell him how she really felt about him. How she loved him in a way she never loved anyone before, but she couldn't speak her mind. He looked like he was trying to form words to say too, but something held him back. Without saying a word Reyna kissed him again, telling him everything with that kiss.

The kiss felt different from all others they shared. It was like coming home or being born or suddenly finding an entire half of herself that had been missing. In his kiss she was home.

They sat down on a rock by the river a few minutes later. Reyna's stare shifted down to her leg and she pressed a hand against the fabric of her jeans, feeling warm blood on her fingertips. Darius looked at her and then followed her gaze and focused it down on her leg.