19

FEARLESS | xix.
"Wamplei gon Jusheda."

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

It had been about two weeks since Reyna set fire to the tavern. After that happened she left the Delphi clan territory and rode over Rock Line and Blue Cliff so she was now located close to the border of Azgeda and Trikru.

After a few days of travelling alone, she realized that she didn't fully think through her plan of leaving the Delphi clan territory.

When she left, Reyna only had her two swords and some daggers. Food and water were hard to find especially when she was travelling, for water she could always find a river but she had to hunt for the food by herself.

Reyna was now walking away from the shelter she found by a small pond. Her back ached form sleeping on the hard ground in the cool night air.

She had layers of dirt covering her clothes and her skin. It was something that Reyna hated, having to sleep on the dirty ground without a proper pillow or a blanket. It was hard to keep warm at night.

Reyna's hair felt dirty and gross and she imagined it probably looked like it felt, but her hair wasn't something that she worried about. Her body was screaming for her to turn back and go to Delphi clan but she couldn't because they would find her.

Only other option was camp Jaha but Reyna would never go back there.

She refused to go back, she couldn't. She wasn't ready to face them, after what she did to the innocents at Mount Weather, regardless of how necessary that choice felt.

She still needed time to process it, time to adjust, time to regret, forget or accept it. She just needed time, and she didn't care if she suffered through every second of it.

She heard her stomach growling, she looked around and sat at the edge of a small creek, putting her head in her hands.

She was hungry, and out of food. She didn't even remember the last time she ate. She decided to camp there for the night and in the morning she would go hunt.

Reyna took out her makeshift water bottle and filled it with the water from the stream.

She settled behind some large rocks around the stream. It was well hidden from the woods and Reyna knew nobody would see her especially when it was dark outside.

After a while of sitting she got cold so she walked out of the small space, looking for wood to light up her fire. She bent down to pick up a branch but when she heard the leaves rustling, she immediately stood back up.

Reyna's eyes scanned around the woods, everything seemed to be quiet and she shook her head with a sigh as she bent down again. After she was done picking up the wood she stood up and as soon as she did a hand was placed tightly over her mouth. Reyna dropped the wood and elbowed the person behind her making them loosen the grip they had on her.

She elbowed him again and turned around and stabbed in his chest with her dagger. Another five of them appeared from the bushes, surrounding her. They all had white paint around on their faces and Reyna figured they were Azgeda. Each of them held a weapon in their hands as Reyna reached her hand to the scabbard on her back and unsheathed her sword.

The warriors growled angrily, looking at Reyna with bloodlust in their eyes. "Wamplei gon Jusheda." (Death for the Commander of Blood.) One of them shouted.

He ran at Reyna, his axe ablaze. He swung at her leg but she jumped early enough so she landed on his axe, forcing him to drop it. She spun around and stepped on his calf, making him kneel before she sliced his throat.

Two more of the neared her, both held long swords in their hands, much like her own. One of them swung at her chest but she blocked his attempt and head butted him as the next one swung at her with his sword.

Reyna ducked down and stepped out of the way, she swung her sword and sliced his hand off. The warrior screamed in pain as Reyna pierced her sword into his gut. She tried to pull it out but it was stuck.

The other warrior ran at her back, his sword in front of his chest. Reyna dropped to the ground, the sword flew over her head as she crouched. His sword stabbed through his friend's gut right next to hers.

Reyna pulled out her other sword and sliced his leg as she spoon back up and stabbed his chest. She grabbed both of their swords from their bodies and turned her head to the remaining Azgeda warriors.

The fourth one ran at her, he swung his sword at her head but she ducked under it quickly. He swung again but she blocked it with her own and swung at him but he jumped out of the way.

She shifted her stare from the warrior and noticed more of them arriving, Reyna's eyes widened and she grew frustrated.

The distraction gave the warrior who was fighting Reyna a chance to punch her, he continued punching her and she tried to regain herself but he jumped over her and pushed her down.

He started punching her again, but she head butted him and then grabbed a rock and slammed it against the side of his head. He fell down beside her and she continued hitting the rock against his head until his skull cracked and a pool of blood was forming underneath him.

Suddenly she felt piercing pain in her lower back and turned her head back with a gasp escaping her lips. She was met with the sight of one of the warriors stabbing her with his sword. He took the weapon out and she winced before she collapsed down to the ground. Her vision became dizzy while two more of them approached on their horses. She slowly closed her eyes but she was still conscious and could hear them talking.

"Jusheda ste daun." ( The Commander of blood is dead.) One of them said before they all started walking towards her. Reyna opened her eyes again and the last thing she saw before blacking out was arrows flying towards the warriors who attacked her. They all fell down and she heard muffled voices coming from behind her, then everything faded to black.

༄༄༄