2

FEARLESS | ii.
"We're not alone."

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The trek had just started, but Reyna already thought it might've been one of the best decisions of her life to go along.

All around her, vibrant colors bloomed, so different from the Ark's dull, grey walls. Flowers of all kinds littered the bushes surrounding her, and she couldn't stop herself from stopping to smell them.

Some had no smell at all, some had a smell she'd describe as heavenly. The flowers were now her new favorite thing in the whole world. She had picked a whole bunch of them and Jasper had offered to carry a few himself. Him, Monty and Reyna walked at the far back of the group, more talking than anything else.

Monty had some very interesting facts about the plants surrounding them, and Reyna was eager to listen. She didn't know how much time passed because she couldn't keep track. She didn't want to waste the opportunity she had on counting down the time or the miles they had to cross when she could just enjoy the nature and the company.

"That's bearberry." Monty pointed to a shrub by the their path. In the midst of the green leaves of the plant were hidden bright red berries.

Reyna picked one from its branch, "Can we eat them?"

"We can, but they're tasteless." Monty told her, "Birds and small mammals love them though!"

Jasper furrowed his eyebrows, "So we could catch a bird with these?"

Monty chuckled, "I don't think birds are that easy to catch."

Reyna popped the berry into her mouth, and true to Monty's words the taste was rather dry and tasteless. She glanced up at the trees as she swallowed the berry, eyes scanning the canopies above, "I haven't seen any birds yet."

"Did you just eat that?" Jasper asked her.

She glanced at him and shrugged, "Monty didn't say they were poisonous."

"Hey!" Finn called to them, "You'll get lost if you keep slacking."

And fair enough, the rest of the group was far ahead of them. So, Reyna and the two boys picked up their pace but still kept in the back.

As they were walking Reyna noticed Finn pick out a purple flower and place it in Octavia's hair.

"That, my friends, is game." Jasper quietly told Monty and Reyna.