Chapter 54

(Meghan's POV)

I watched Nick quietly not really knowing what to say next. "Sorry I ruined your night." he told me a few moments later. I looked at him. "it's ok." I told him. He shook his head slowly, not knowing what to do. I moved closer to him and placed my hand ontop of his arm. He watched me quielty. I hesitated before pressing my lips against his. He hesitantly kissed me back. I tried to deepen the kiss but Nick pulled back. "Meghan..." he trailed off. "I know..I know..." I told him running my fingers through my hair. I knew I was pulling the slight curl out of my hair everytime my fingers pulled through it. "I guess i'll just go home." I told him as I opened the door. He followed me out of the house.

"How did you get here?" he asked me. "Damon picked me up." I replied. "Let me drive you home." He told me. I was about to protest when he grabbed my hand and pulled me to his car. I decided just to give up. when we got to my house I hesitated before opening the car door. "Do you want to come in for a while?" I asked him. He nodded as he got out of the car himself. I unlocked the front door quickly and let Nick go ahead of me. I hung up my coat. I slipped my heals off and put them on the floor next to the stairs. Nick just stood there awkwardly, like he didn't belong in here. I resisted the urge to kiss him again. I felt like I could cry at any moment. "Nick..I..." I stumbled.

(Nick's POV)

I watched her, waiting for her to finish what she was going to say. I regret breaking the kiss back at Stacy's party. I was still upset and worked up from the fight. I could tell right away that it hurt her to have me pull away from her. "Nick. I made a mistake because I was jealous." she told me. "Jealous? You dont need to ever be jealous." I told her. she nodded and I could see a smile creep onto her face. "What's so funny?" I asked her. she shook her head. "You should take your own advice Nick." she told me. I rolled my eyes. She looked like she was going to kiss me then but stopped suddenly.

I quickly closed the gap between us and crashed my lips down onto hers. I pulled her against me. She pushed me back against the wall hard. I sucked in a deep breath as my back hit the wall. It knocked the air out of me but I crashed my lips back against hers. I have never felt like this with anyone before. Meghan pulled back for air. I just held her close to me. "I love you." I told her breathless. "I love you too." she replied. "Be my girlfriend again." I told her gently. she nodded before I felt her collapse against me. I pulled her into my arms and carried her to the couch. i laid her down gently, kneeling in front of her. "Stay with me tonight?" she asked me. "of course." I replied. she smiled before closing her eyes gently. I sat by her side and just stroked her hair gently until she fell asleep.