Chapter 17

(Nick’s POV)

I went back inside the school still steaming because of the conversation with Meghan. I don’t get why she doesn’t like Natalie. Natalie’s really nice and hasn’t done anything to her. She is being the typical jealous fan girl just like everyone else I have tried to date that wasn’t famous. Its so frustrating. I grabbed my stuff from my locker and slammed it closed. “Whoa what’s wrong?” Natalie asked me. I turned around and looked at her. “Just had a fight with Meghan.” I replied. “Oh. It was about me wasn’t it? I’m so sorry the last thing I wanted to do was create problem’s for you two.” she told me. I shook my head. “You didn’t create problems.” I told her. She nodded but I could tell she wasn’t convinced. “Look why don’t we go and get ice cream from Rita’s. It’s the best.” I told her. She nodded. “Sounds fun.” she told me smiling. I smiled back and we walked out to my car. When we arrived at Rita’s Natalie was in a better mood and so was I now that I had time to cool off. When we got our ice cream we sat down at a table. “Nick are you and Meghan going to break up over that argument?” she asked me. I looked at her. “I hope not.” I replied. She nodded. “I thought you two did.” she replied. I shook my head. “No.” I told her. “Ok.” she replied. “Why did you think she broke up with me?” I asked her curiously. “Well because…” she trailed off. “What?” I asked. “Because I saw her and Kevin earlier…it just looked like…well..” she trailed off. I stared at her shocked.

(Meghan’s POV)

I can’t believe Nick. He is so blind to what Natalie is trying to do. I called Kevin once I got home and told him about what happened. About halfway through our conversation I started to cry. “Meg I’m coming over.” he told me before hanging up. I sat down on the couch and waited for him to show up. When he did I let him inside not even trying to hide the fact that I was still crying. I closed the door and turned around to see him staring at me. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him. He hugged me back tightly. “It will be ok. He might not see it now Meg but he will eventually.” he told me. I nodded. He talked with me for a while trying to get my mind off of Nick. “Really Nick seriously has a problem with odd numbers?” I asked him. He nodded. “Yep.” he told me. I laughed. “That’s so funny.” I replied. He laughed. “Don’t let him know I told you though. He’d kill me.” Kevin told me. I smiled. “We wouldn’t want that now would we?” I asked. He smirked. “Is that a form of flattery?” he asked me. I rolled my eyes. “Possibly.” I added standing up from the couch and walking into the kitchen. “Wait hold up.” he told me. She stood up and grabbed my arm. “What’s that supposed to mean?” he asked. I shrugged. I shoved him slightly to get free. “I’m going to hurt you if you grab me again.” I told him jokingly. He smirked and grabbed my wrist again. I laughed and shoved him away again. He grabbed my shoulders and pinned me up against the wall. We just looked at each other.

(Nick’s POV)

After I dropped Natalie off at home I drove to Meghan’s. When I knocked on the door nobody answered it right away. Meghan opened the door. “Hey…” she trailed off. “Can we talk?” I asked her. She nodded and let me in. She closed the door. I froze when I seen Kevin in the living room. “What are you doing here?” I asked Kevin remembering what Natalie had said to me. “Meghan called me because she was upset.” he told me. I nodded and looked at Meghan. “Can we talk alone?” I asked her. She nodded and went upstairs. I followed her. When we got to he room I closed the door behind me and looked at her. “Meghan I’m sorry for yelling at you earlier.” I told her. She nodded. “But I have to know something.” I said. She looked at me. “What’s that?” she asked. “Do you….like someone else?” I asked her wording the question carefully. She looked at me confused. “What?” she asked me. “I said do you like someone else.” I repeated for her. “No.” she replied. I looked at her a second longer before nodding. “Why did you ask me that?” she asked. “Because I was with Natalie and she mentioned something about you and Kevin.” I told her. She froze. “You were with Natalie! When?” she asked me. “Just before I came over here.” I told her. “What!?” she yelled. “I can’t believe you.” she told me as she left the room. I followed her. “Meghan wait.” I told her as she went into the living room. Kevin looked up from what he was doing. “You know how I feel about her and then you go hang out with her alone!” she yelled. “Meghan nothing happened. We were just talking.” I told her. “Yeah and she happened to bring up the fact that I could be cheating on you.” she told me. “That’s not how it happened.” I told her. “Whatever you say Nick. No matter what she does it will always look like I’m the bad guy.” she told me. “Why are you being like this?” I asked her. “Nick just leave.” she told me. I looked at her and nodded. I left.

(The Next Day Meghan’s POV)

I was still upset at Nick. I don’t know why really. I guess I am being really jealous. I looked for him in the morning but I couldn’t find him. When I found him he was sitting at a table in the cafeteria with Natalie. I thought about walking up to him but I kept deciding not to. When I finally got the courage to I seen Natalie kiss him. I turned around and ran out of the cafeteria. I wiped tears away from my eyes. I found Kevin sitting by his locker. I walked up to him and sat down next to him. He noticed I was crying and pulled me into a hug. “What happened?” he asked me. “I seen Natalie and Nick kiss.” I told him. He pulled back from me and looked at me. “What? When?” he asked me. “Just now.” I told him. I cried into his shoulder for a while before Nick came up to us. “Hey what’s going on?” he asked. I glared at him. “Go away Jonas. I’m sure Natalie is looking for you so you two can get back to making out behind my back.” I told him harshly. His eyes widened. “Yeah I seen it.” I told him.

(Kevin’s POV)

I listened as my brother and Meghan started to fight. I felt bad for them both. “Nick were done. I told you that was going to happen and I watched you two kiss. I’m sick of this. She got what she wanted.” Meghan told him. Tears started to fall down her face again. She looked at me. “I’m sorry Kevin.” she told me. “What for?” I asked her. She leaned up and kissed me. Nick and I were both equally shocked. She pulled away from me and looked me quietly before running off.