Chapter 65

Hey guys. I just wanted to let you know that the second semester here at LU is starting on Monday, so my posts might not come out as quickly as the last couple days. I have school work, plus the added pressure of moving dorms on Wednesday. I promise I won't disappear completely. :) with that said, here is the next chapter! yay!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Meghan' s POV)

I closed my eyes and just focused on Nick's gentle touch. he whispered soothing things to me. I nuzzled closer to him, needing to be close to somebody. I opened my eyes and caught Joe's. he looked at me through the rear view mirror. he looked away as he pulled into my driveway. he got out and grabbed my bag. Nick got out and pulled me into his arms. "Please let me walk." I told him. he set me down, keeping his hand on my back.

when we got inside I went to the living room. "Nick." Joe said as he motioned for Nick to go to the hallway with him. I could hear the two of them talking about what had happened. I tried to tune them out but it didn't work. when Nick came back he pulled me into his lap. he pushed the sleeves of my shirt up and looked at my wrists. he kept all emotion off of his face. "Nick I'm scared." I told him. I seen worry and sadness flash across his face before it disappeared as quickly as it came.

"There is no need to be scared. Damon isn't going to hurt you again. I promise." he told me confidently. I nodded. he ran his fingertips across my cheek. I put my hand over his and pulled It away from my face. I continued to hold his hand. a while later Joe has crashed in the chair. Nick continued to play with my hair and just hum to me quietly. it felt really normal for the first time between us. he hasn't mentioned anything about Damon to me yet, and I don't think that he will. I could tell that he was upset though.

the door bell rang shortly there after. I moved out of Nicks lap. he stood up and answered the door. Kevin walked in. I turned away from him and buried my face into my knees. I felt Nick sit next to me again. I buried my face into his side. "Meg." I heard Kevin say. I slowly looked at him. There were no traces of anger on his face anymore. I could see where Damon had gotten in his fair share of hits. "I'm sorry. I was just angry." he told me. I nodded. "It's ok." I told him. he smiled at me. I stood up and gave him a hug.

later that Nick after Joe and Kevin went upstairs to claim a bed for the night, Nick finally asked me about what happened with Damon today. I knew he heard about everything that happened, he just wanted to hear me say it. I slowly told him about the night before, after dance. I could see the anger flash through his eyes again. I then moved to telling him about today. "Are you sure your ok?" he asked me once I was finished. I nodded. "Yeah I'm good." I told him. he nodded.

"Meg why didn't you tell me?" he asked looking kind of hurt. I shrugged. "I just didn't want to face what was happening I guess." I replied sadly. he nodded slightly. "He won't hurt you again." he told me. "I believe you." I told him as he kissed me. he pushed me down across the couch gently. I shifted slightly as he moved over me. I closed my eyes as he started to kiss my neck. I ran my fingertips under his shirt. he let out a quiet moan. I smiled into the kiss.

"You are so mean." he told me. I laughed. "You started it." I told him. he pouted, looking like a sad puppy. I fought back the smile that was trying to make its way onto my face. I kissed him quickly, wiping the smirk off of his face at my obvious efforts to resist. "To bad Joe and Kevin are upstairs." he told me. I nodded. "Yeah." I told him. he smiled down at me. "I love you Meg." he said quietly. "I love you too." I replied. he move next to me on the couch. I laid my head down on his chest and closed my eyes. sometime later, we both drifted off to sleep.