Chapter 53

(Meghan's POV)

The next few days were horrible. I purposely avoided Nick and his brothers. Tracy didn't say much about them when we would talk. I started to sit by myself during lunch. A few girls took pity on me and came to sit with me today. They seemed genuinly nice. I noticed Nick easily today but not for the reasons I usually do. Instead of wearing his usual stylish clothing, he looked like he just rolled out of bed. I felt a pang in my chest. I looked down at my plate not really feeling like eating anything now. I made an excuse to leave the table and walked over to the trash can. I threw out nearly everything I had gotten. I looked up to see Joe staring at me. I didn't pay attention to him as I hurried out of the cafeteria.

(Joe's POV)

"You ok?" Kevin asked me as he sat down with his food. I nodded. "Yeah I just saw Meghan. She dumped out every bit of her food. she didn't eat any of it." I told him. He nodded looking worried. "How are you doing? I know that you are really worried about her and Nick." I asked him. He shrugged. "I'm just worried that Nick is going to do something stupid. He is so desperate to get her back. Have you seen him today? He didn't put any effort into how he looked and thats not like him at all Joe." he told me. I nodded. "I know." I replied.

(Nick's POV)

I decided to just skip out on lunch. I wasn't all that hungry. I walked to my locker, checking my blood sugar. I adjusted the pod before putting my stuff into the locker. "Nick I heard you and Meghan broke up." Stacy told me. She was from my science class. I nodded. "Yeah." was all I said. "I'm so sorry." she told me. "Thanks." I replied. "Hey, I'm having a party tonight. You should come." she told me scribbling down her address and phone number. Why not? I thought to myself as she walked away from me.

(Meghan's POV)

I was going to the parking lot when I ran into Damon. "Hey." he told me gently. I smiled at him but kept walking to my car. "Hey Stacy is having a party tonight. Do you want to come with me?" he asked me. I thought about it for a minute as I seen a hopeful look on his face. I nodded. "Yeah, that would be cool." I told him smiling. He beamed. "Great I'll pick you up around 8 then?" he asked. "Sounds good." I told him as I unlocked my car doors and climbed in. Atleast tonight I can get my mind off of Nick for a while.

**Later that night**

(Damon's POV)

When I got to Meghans house I hesitated before knocking on her door. when she opened it she looked amazing. Her hair had a gentle curl to it and she was wearing a strapless red dress. "You look amazing." I told her. she smiled. "Why thank you." she told me. I smiled and took her hand in mine as I lead her over to my car. When we arrived at Stacy's party there was already a ton of people packed into her home. Meghan looked slightly nervous. I squeezed her hand gently. We had a great time. Meghan became more relaxed as the night went on. That was until Nick showed up. When Meghan saw him she froze. I could see different emotions cross her face. I pulled her against me gently and wrapped my arms around her. she relaxed into me. I seen Nick look over at us. He froze when he seen Meghan in my arms. I smirked into her shoulder at the thought of his jealousy.

"Can we go outside. It's really hot in here." Meghan asked me. I nodded and laced my fingers through hers and guided her through all of the people. I noticed Nick watching us the entire way to the door. When we got outside I took my jacket off and wrapped it around her shoulders. "Having fun so far?" I asked her. she nodded. "Yeah I am glad you asked me to come tonight." she told me. I smiled. I noticed Nick slip out of the front door quietly. I smirked to myself knowing that he is watching us. "I'm glad you are having a good time." I told her hoping it would mess with Jonas. She leaned her head against my shoulder. I played with her gentle curls quietly. "Meghan?" I asked her.

she looked up at me. "Hmm?" she hummed. I leaned down and pressed my lips against hers. she was shocked at first but slowly kissed me back. I pulled her closer to me and ran my fingers down her back. "Hey!" Nick yelled. I pulled away from her and turned to face him. I smirked. "What are you doing here?" I asked him. That just made him angrier. He looked at Meghan sadly. I wrapped my arm around her protectively. I felt her tense up, doubting wether or not she was doing the right thing. "Let go of her." Nick told me. "She's mine now." I told him pulling her against me.

(Meghan's POV)

I pressed my hands against Damon's chest to keep myself from colliding into him hard. I yelped at Nick punched Damon. I backed as far away from the two guys as possible. I watched as they took painful shots at one another. I stood there frozen not really knowing what I should do. Soon people started to gather around Nick and Damon. They started to chant the name of the guy they were supporting. After a while i couldn't see either of the guys anymore. Everyone started cheering and i pushed my way to the front of the crowd as it started to thin out now that the fight was most likely over. I looked at Nick who was panting and then at Damon who was stumbling to his feet.

Damon backed away from Nick. "Stay away from my girl." Nick told him with an angry tone. Damon nodded before going back inside to the party. I looked at Nick confused. When he finally looked at me, my anger began to fade. I gently ran my fingertips over the corner of his mouth, where he had a busted lip. Neither of us said anything. "Come on. Lets get you cleaned up." I told him as I grabbed his arm gently. he nodded and let me lead him back inside. I went straight to the stiars and started to climb them. when we got to the bathroom. I pulled him inside and closed the door. I grabbed a rag and ran cold water over it. Neither of us talking. I rung the rag out and gently wiped at Nick's bloody lip. "Why did you do that?" I asked him quietly. "I didn't like seeing him kiss you like that." he told me. "Nick we broke up." I told him. He nodded. "I know." he muttered, taking the rag into his own hand but keeping it on his lip.I let my hand slowly drop back to my side.