Chapter 22

I pulled my dress on, careful not to mess up my hair that took me over and hour and a half to do. I would start over if it did not end up looking exactly like the picture that I was trying to copy it from. Tracy had been done for about 20 minutes by the time that I came out of the bathroom. The doorbell rang downstairs and me and Tracy looked at each other. We listened and we heard my mom tell Joe and Nick that it was ok to come in. We looked at each other excitedly. “Tracy you go on down. I need to finish getting my jewelry and stuff.” I told her. She nodded and went downstairs. I could hear my mom making a fuss over her. I laughed slightly and grabbed my purse before going downstairs.

(Nick’s POV)

When Meghan came downstairs all I could do was stare at her. She was gorgeous. “You look amazing.” I told her. She smiled and looked down nervously. “Thanks.” she told me. Tracy and Joe were waiting for us outside so I grabbed her hand and we left he house. When we got to the car Joe and Tracy were already making out. I cleared my throat and they pulled away from each other. Meg was just laughing quietly to herself. I smiled. When we got to the dance it was already packed full of people. Some of them I don’t even think go to our school. “Do you want anything?” I asked her. She shook her head. “I’m fine for now.” she told me. I nodded and pulled her out onto the dance floor. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close to me. She wrapped her around my neck and laid her head down onto my shoulder.

(Joe’s POV)

I looked out and seen Nick and Meghan dancing. They looked really happy. I looked around for Kevin because he was supposed to be here with that new girl Demitra. I finally spotted them at a table talking. They both were laughing. I looked at Tracy and offered to dance with her. She accepted. I took her hand in mine and went out onto the dance floor. A few hours later me, Tracy, Nick, Meghan, Kevin, and Demitra were sitting together just talking and having a good time. “I will be right back guys.” Meghan told us.

(Meghan’s POV)

When I left the gym and went into the hallway it was completely empty. I took me by surprise because you would think that somebody would be in the hallways seeing as it was really packed in the gym. I went down to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I fixed my make up and did a few touch ups on my hair. When I went back into the hallway I seen Spencer and some girl making out against the lockers. I rolled my eyes and walked the other way. “Hey Bridge, you want to join us?” I heard Spencer call after me. I ignored him and continued to walk. When I went around the corner I bumped into someone. I looked up and seen Natalie brushing herself off. When she seen it was me she glared at me. “Watch where you are going.” she told me harshly. “I’m sorry.” I told her looking down. “You look like a desperate little girl.” she told me. I looked up and seen her smirking at me. “I’m sorry.” I said again not sure of what to say. She just laughed. “Nick is going to realize that’s all you are. Why do you even try to seem like your not just a little fan girl who is just following him around like a little puppy dog?” she asked me laughing. I pushed passed her and ran back down the hallway. I passed one of Spencer’s friends and he grabbed my arm. “Hey are you ok?” he asked me. I looked up and seen that he was genuinely concerned. I nodded. “Yes I’m fine.” I told him trying not to let tears fall down my face. “What happened?” he asked me letting go of my arm. “Natalie was just being mean.” I told him. “You mean that girl that Spencer became friends with. I don’t like her that much. I don’t even like Spencer. I don’t know why I even hang out with him.” he told me. I looked at him. “You don’t like Spencer but yet you are friends with him?” I asked. He shook his head. “I’m not really friends with him. We are just seen together a lot because we are both on the football team. You used to date him right?” he asked me. I nodded. “Worst time of my life.” I told him. He laughed. “You seemed to nice for him.” he told me. I smiled. “Thanks. I have to get back to the gym. My boyfriend is probably worried.” I told him. He smiled and nodded. “Yeah probably. Jonas really does seem to like you. What is his name again?” he asked me. “Nick. His name is Nick.” I replied. He nodded. I turned to walk away before I turned back and called out to him. “Hey what’s your name?” I asked. He turned around and looked back at me and smiled. “My name is Damon.” he told me before turning around and walking away. I went back into the gym and sat down next to Nick. “Hey you ok?” he asked me. I nodded. “Yeah I’m fine.” I told him. We spent the rest of the night dancing and having fun. Maybe dances aren’t so bad after all I told myself as we left the school and headed back home. When Nick go to my house all of the lights were off and nobody was home. I found a note of the fridge from my mom telling me she got called out on a business trip and that she would be back in a couple days. “Do you want to spend the night at my place? I’m sure my mom won’t mind.” he asked me. “Sure just let me change and get some things from upstairs.” I told him going upstairs quickly and changing into some jogging pants and a t-shirt. When I came back down I noticed Nick had taken off his jacket and loosened his tie. He looked really sexy. He noticed me staring at him. “What?” he asked. I shook my head. “Nothing.” I replied. He shook his head and smiled. I walked up to him and kissed him. He kissed me back. “What was that for?” he asked when he pulled away from me. I shrugged. “I just felt like it.” I told him. He nodded. “Well come on my mom is going to be worried about us. I called her when you were upstairs. She says you are more than welcome to stay with us.” he told me. I nodded.

(Nick’s POV)

When we go to my house my mom quickly drew Meghan into a conversation. I took this as a change to go and change clothes. When I went upstairs Kevin was coming out of the shower. “Oh hey Meghan’s saying with us tonight.” I told him. He looked at me. “Seriously?” he asked. I nodded. “She’s downstairs with mom.” I told him going into my room and closing the door.

(Kevin’s POV)

I put on a tank and went downstairs. Meghan was talking to mom in the kitchen. I walked in quietly. “Hey Kev.” Meghan said. I smiled. “Ok well honey you can pick one of the many empty rooms upstairs. It doesn’t matter which one.” My mom told Meg. “Thank you for letting me stay here tonight.” Meg told her. I walked upstairs with her. “Why are you spending the night?” I asked her. “My mom is out on a business trip for a few days.” she told me. I nodded. “Here you can stay here.” I told her opening the door at the end of the hallway. “Ok thanks.” she told me as she put her stuff down onto the bed. Joe walked in the. “Meg!” he yelled and tackled her into a hug. “Hey Joe.” she told him. “Whatcha’ doing here?” he asked her. “I’m staying the night.” she told him. His face lit up. “Yay! Sleepover!” he yelled. I just laughed. Meghan shook her head. “Come on Joe, lets let Meg get settled in.” I told him grabbing his arm and pulling him out of the room. He pouted. “Awww…ok.” he said as I pulled the door to the guest room closed. I let go of Joe and he went back to his room. I went downstairs and found mom still in the kitchen. “How is Meghan doing?” she asked me. I shrugged. “Fine I guess.” I told her. “You still like her?” she asked me. I looked at her strangely. “What? I know these things.” she told me. I shrugged. “Yeah but Nick is dating her so..” I trailed off. I seen my mom nod slightly. Just then Frankie and my dad came into the house. “Hey boys.” my mom told them. My dad kissed her quickly before sneaking some of the food she was making. I laughed quietly. “Oh by the way Meghan is staying the night here.” my mom told my dad. He nodded. “You boys know the rules about girls sleeping over here.” he reminded me. I shook my head. Meghan came downstairs with Nick in tow. “Hello Meghan.” my dad told her. “Hi Mr. Jonas.” she replied. My dad smiled at her. I watched as she pulled her hair back into a pony-tail. She caught me watching her and smiled at me. I smiled and turned my attention to helping my mom. Joe came downstairs. “Meghan we should all watch a movie tonight.” he said grabbing hers and Nick’s arm and pulling them downstairs. I heard her laugh.