Chapter 27

I wiped the tears off of my face as I got home. My cell phone started to ring. I seen that it was Meghan. I hesitated for a second before answering the phone. “What?” I asked rather harshly. “Are you ok?” she asked me. “Fine. Why wouldn’t I be?” I asked her. “I’m not sure.” she replied. “Well lets see it could be that fact that I went over to Joe’s earlier and saw you two getting all flirty in the kitchen.” I told her sobbing quietly. “What Tracy that not like that at all.” she told me. “Then what was it? I should have known that you couldn’t stop at just Nick. No you had to go for Kevin and now Joe.” I told her as I hung up on her.

(Meghan’s POV)

I stood where I was shocked for a few minutes before going back into the den with the boys. “What’s up?” Joe asked me as he finished his turn on Guitar Hero. I shook my head and walked out of the room again. He followed me out. “Megs what?” he asked me. “That was Tracy. Joe did you know she came by earlier?” I asked him. He shook his head. “No. When?” he asked. “When we were in the kitchen.” I told him. He looked confused for a moment before it dawned on him. “She seen us in the kitchen.” he stated. I nodded. “Joe she was crying and she told me that I was more or less moving in on you as well.” I told him. He sighed. “Joe please go talk to her. I know you still care about her.” I told him. He looked at me. “Ok I’ll be back.” he told me as he grabbed his coat and his keys off of the rack. Nick came in as Joe left. “Hey.” he told me once he noticed that I was there. I smiled. “What’s up with Joe?” he asked as he kissed me. “Tracy seen me and Joe in the kitchen earlier and took it the wrong way. He is going to talk to her.” I told him. He nodded. “Hope that goes well.” he stated while he got a bottle of water out of the refrigerator. I nodded as I stole his water before he could drink it. He smiled and shook his head.

(Joe’s POV)

When I got to Tracy’s I knocked on the door. After a few minutes she opened it. You could tell that she had been crying. “What are you doing here?” she asked me. “Can we talk?” I asked her. She nodded hesitantly as she opened the door wider for me to come in. when she closed the door she leaned against it and watched me. I ran my hand through my hair. “Tracy about what happened at my house with Meghan. It wasn’t what it looked like. We are just friends. That’s it. I would never do something like that to my brother. To you.” I told her. She looked at me quietly for a second before she walked over to me. She wrapped her arms around me and buried her face into my chest. I rubbed her back gently. “I don’t like being away from you.” she told me. “I don’t like it either. Its just I don’t want to fight anymore Tracy.” I told her. She nodded and kissed me. I kissed her back.

(Meghan’s POV)

I kept glancing at my phone hoping either Joe or Tracy would call but neither of them ever did. I said goodbye to everyone before leaving the Jonas house. I went home and changed into something that was more lightweight. I curled up on the couch and fell asleep soon after.