Chapter 50

(Meghan's POV)

I shivered slightly at Nick's touch. He just smiled at me. "I'm glad you guys moved here." I told him not really thinking about what it was I was saying. "Yeah me too." he told me kissing my forehead gently. I leaned against him and buried my face into is chest. He rubbed my back gently. We laid there in silence for a while. I listened to his steady breathing for the longest time before closing my eyes.

(Nick's POV)

A while after Meghan fell asleep I gently moved her so that she was laying back against the pillows. I grabbed the blanket off of the back of the chair and draped it over her gently. I kissed her forehead quickly before getting up and turning the light out behind me. I went downstairs and made coffee. I never really drink coffee, but what the heck. my phone started to vibrate in my pocket and I glanced at the screen quickly to see Miley's name. I mentally groaned and put the phone down on the table, not really wanting to talk to her at the moment. I slowly drank some of the coffee for a while before I started to yawn. what the heck? I though coffee was supposed to wake you up not make you more tired. I crashed out onto the couch awhile later.

**The next day**

(Miley's POV)

I tried to call Nick last night but he never answered the phone. I knocked on his front door. Joe answered it soon after. he looked shocked to see me. I just smiled at him. "Hey Joe!" I told him as I hugged him. he hesitantly hugged me back. "What are you doing here?" he asked me. i frowned. "What? I can't come and see my friends?" I asked him. "No, of course thats ok for you to come. i just wasn't expecting you thats all." he told me trying to not hurt my feelings. I smiled at him. Joe stepped back to let me in. I got caught up with him and Kevin for a while before Nick walked in. when i looked over at him he had a girl with him. I felt my heart stop for a quick second before i stopped staring at her quickly. Nick look shocked, like Joe had earlier. "Hey." he told me. I just smiled at him. I looked back at the girl standing beside him. She had a nervous smile on her face. She kept glancing down at the ground every so often when we would make eye contact. My gaze landed on her and Nick's hands. He had his fingers laced with hers. I felt anger building up in me. I quickly forced a smile onto my face. "I missed you guys." I told the guys, ignoring the girl. "Miley this is Meghan. Nick's girlfriend." Kevin told me. "It's nice to meet you." I lied. she smiled and nodded. "You too." she told me.

(Meghan's  POV)

I could tell that Miley didn't like me right away. I pulled my hand away from Nicks. He looked at me worried. I smiled and told him I would be right back. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle out of the refridgerator. "How long have you known Nick?" Miley asked me. I spun around quickly. After I calmed down from the mini-heart attack I shrugged. "I don't know 8 months or something." I told her quietly. she nodded and crossed her arms. "Why don't you like me?" I spat out suddenly. My eyes widened slightly as I placed a hand over my mouth shocked. Miley just shook her head. "Isn't it obvious?" she asked me, flipping her hair out of her face. I looked down at my hands. She sighed and walked out of the kitchen. I snuck down to the basement, suddenly needing to just play the guitar. I haven't done this in a while and was a little hesitant to touch Nick's guitar. I calmed my nerves slightly and picked up the guitar, slinging the strap across my shoudlers. I sat on the stool in the far corner of the room and strummed the strings carefully.

"Don't look down
Cause it's easy
Your falling from force
Just letting it take nature's course
Then picking it up when it's over

Don't be afraid
Cause the chances are there for the take
But treasure the choices you make
And know when you must take it slower

You may think you've had it rough
And try to give it up
But when you think you're stuck
Just go another way

Don't let go of good times
And let the bad ones know you'll feel fine
And wear your heart out on your sleeve
Love is all, love is all you need
Don't be rushed

Cause hurrying causes mistakes
And make sure to give more than take
Cuz sharing your self brings you closer-
You may think you've had it rough
And try to give it up
But when you think you're stuck
Just go another way

Feel with all your senses
Make sure to let down your defenses
There's just one way to make you see
Love is all, love is all you need

Take a chance now cause it's easy
Take a chance now for you and me
Take a chance now you can reach it
Take a chance for me
Don't let go of good times
And let the bad ones know you'll feel fine
And wear your heart out on your sleeve
Love is all, love is all you need

Feel with all your senses
Make sure to let down your defenses
There's just one way to make you see
Love is all, love is all you need

Love is all you need
Love is all
Love is all
Love is all you need"

I leaned back against the wall and ran my fingers through my hair. I wiped at the tears that fell from my eyes before putting the guitar back on it's stand. I turned the light off behind me as I went back upstairs. when i went into the living room Miley was sitting next to Nick on the couch so I sat next to Kevin instead. I turned my attention to the TV to see what they were watching. They were watching some horror movie. At one of the scary parts Miley jumpped and buried her face into Nick's shoulder. He just ignored her, but didn't move away from her. I looked down at my hands. I felt Kevin rub my back gently. I looked at him. He just gave me a knowing look. I felt like I was going to cry again. "Kevin i'm just going to go home." I told him quietly, not distrubing anyone watching the movie. "Stay with me." he told me quietly. I shook my head. "I just need to go Kev." I told him, kissing his cheek quickly before getting up and leaving quietly.

(Kevin's POV)

I moved to the front of the chair and watched Meghan leave. I looked over at Nick again. "Hey Nick, can I talk to you for a few minutes?" I asked him. He nodded standing up. I walked into the kitchen, with him following. "What's up?" I asked him. "Meghan left." I told him. he looked confused. "Why, when?" he asked. I rolled my eyes. "Just a few minutes ago. Nick you completely ignored her. You let Miley sit next to you and be all up on you right in front of her. she looked like she was going to cry." I told him getting upset. he looked panicked. "Did she go home?" he asked me. I shrugged. "Thats what she said." I told him going back into the living room.

(Nick's POV)

I grabbed my cell phone and dialed her number. After a few minutes it went to voicemail. I sighed and ran my fingers through my curls, tugging on them slightly. I paced the kitchen trying to get a hold of her but it was no use. After a while it just went straight to voicemail. I threw my phone onto the table and went upstairs to my bedroom. I collapsed on to my bed. Just then Miley came into the room, closing the door quietly behind her.