chapter 12

(Meghan’s POV)

     The next day when I walked into the school Joe was the only person I could find. “Hey. Where is everyone?” I asked him. “Nick and Kevin slept in and I don’t know where Tracy is.” he replied. I nodded. When Kevin finally got here he came up to us rubbing his eyes. “Tired?” I asked. He just nodded. “Feeling better?” I asked. He looked at me and nodded slightly. “Liar.” I mumbled. He pushed my shoulder slightly. “Am not.” he told me. I smiled. “Nick coming?” Joe asked him. He nodded. “Yeah he was having so problem with his blood sugar so he will be coming in late.” he told us. I leaned against the lockers. When the bell rang I went to history, which I normally had with Nick but because he wasn’t here I had nobody to talk to and nothing to do. Kevin came into the room and gave the teacher a note. “Mrs. Bridge, your dismissed from this class.” she told me. I looked at her strangely. I grabbed my stuff and followed Kevin out. When the door to the classroom closed I turned to Kevin. “What is going on?” I asked him. He smiled and shrugged. “Nothing that can be proven.” he told me as he continued to walk. “You totally sprang me from that torture with a fake pass.” I told him accusingly.

        He shrugged all innocent like. I laughed. “Why?” I asked. “Do you want to go back and sit there and watch that boring movie?” he asked me. I shook my head. “No.” I replied. “Well then.” he said as he pushed open the doors to the parking lot. “I didn’t know that you skipped.” I told him. “I don’t. First time for everything.” he told me as he grabbed my stuff and put it in the trunk of his car. He opened the door for me. “Why thank you kind sir.” I told him while getting in. He smirked and closed the door. I laughed to myself. When we pulled out of the parking lot to the school he drove us down to the closest Starbucks and went through the drive thru. He got me my normal Frappachino and he drove down to the park. “So why did you spring me?” I asked him while we were walking the bike trail. “I don’t know. I figured if I was going to ditch school I might as well spring you too.” he told me. I smiled. “Thanks.” I told him. He nodded. “So are you still going to go to the dance with my brother?” he asked me. I nodded. “Yeah. I’m nervous though because I don’t have very fond memories associated with dances. They always have turned out bad for me one way or another.” I told him.

          “Why’s that?” he asked. “I’m not the most popular kid in school so I get bullied a lot at them. Some people think that it’s funny to pour their drinks on me or to mess up my dresses.” I told him while watching where I was going instead of looking at him. “That’s horrible.” he told me. “Yeah well last year I had a guy ask me to the dance. When we got there I found out he only asked me because his friends dared him to take me. I’d rather have the drinks spilled on me and my dress messed up at that point.” I told him. He looked at me shocked. “He actually did that to you?” he asked me. I nodded. “Yeah well like I said I’m not the most popular kid in school.” I replied. “I think you are.” he told me. I smiled. “Thanks Kev.” I told him. “I don’t know why people treat you that way. Your really sweet, your fun to be around.” He told me. I smiled. “Thanks Kev. But like always I’m just the girl who has a thing for the Jonas’.” I told him. It fell silent. “So uh how are things going with you?” I asked changing the subject. He shrugged. “It’s better. I’m not feeling as bad as I was yesterday.

          I kind of figured it was for the best because if she didn’t want to be with me, well I didn’t want to be with her anymore.” he told me. “Good. You shouldn’t want to be with someone who doesn’t see how sweet you are.” I told him. He smiled. “I am sweet aren’t I?” he asked. I laughed. “Don’t push It Jonas.” I told him laughing. He laughed. “Do you have eyes for someone else yet?” I asked. He nodded. “Really? Who?” I asked him excitedly, like a five year old who was told a big secret. “It’s a secret.” he told me. I stared at him. “What?! You just cant tell me something like that and then not tell me who this girl is! That’s not cool Kevin Jonas!” I told him. He laughed. “No but its funny watching you freak out over it.” he told me. I rolled my eyes. “Tell me.” I told him. “No.” he replied. “Ugh.” I exclaimed as I walked ahead of him. I heard him laughing hysterically. “I hate you Jonas!” I yelled over my shoulder.