Chapter 8

Meg drank her drink slowly. “Tracy says that she is glad that your going to be ok.” I told Meg. She nodded. “I’m glad Joe. That would suck if she wasn’t.” she told me jokingly. I smiled.

(Meghan’s POV)

When I got the ok to leave the hospital a couple hours later I quickly grabbed my stuff and got out of there. Hospitals creep me out. I texted Nick to let him know that I was released. I called Kevin. “Hey Kev can you meet me at the Starbucks about a block away from the hospital?” I asked him. “Sure be there in a few.” he told me as he hung up. I went into the Starbucks and ordered. I sat there by myself for about 15 minutes before Kevin came into the coffee shop. He ordered something quickly and came and sat down next to me. “What’s going on?” he asked me. I was quiet for a minute. “I don’t know to be honest. I just don’t want to go back to school tomorrow. I have nobody to talk to. If I talk to Nick he will just get angry. I don’t want to go and face Spencer at school. He knows that because there is no proof that he did anything he is going to get away with it.” I told Kevin starting to cry slightly. He sat his coffee down on the table and pulled me into a hug. I laid my head down onto his chest. He rubbed my back gently. “Meg he wont get away with it. Trust me. He wont.” he told me. “Thank you Kevin just for listening.” I told him. “No problem it’s what I’m here for.” he told me. I laughed slightly. “I Wont let anything happen to you ok.” he told me. I nodded. I pulled away from him and wiped my eyes. “Your seriously good at these kind of talks.” I told him. He just laughed. “I know. I’ve been told.” he replied.

(Joe’s POV)

I went upstairs looking for Kevin but he wasn’t there. I found Nick downstairs asleep on the couch. I woke him up. “Where is Kevin?” I asked him. “I don’t know. He should be upstairs.” he told me. “He’s not.” I told him. Nick rubbed his eyes yawning slightly. He picked up his phone and opened a text message. “Meghan was released from the hospital about an hour and a half ago.” he told me. “That’s good. Maybe that’s where Kevin is. Maybe he is helping her since you were sleeping.” I suggested. He nodded. “I’m going to go see her.” Nick told me getting up and pulling on a jacket. “Text Kevin and find out where he is.” he told me. A few minutes later I got my answer. “He’s driving her home now.” I told Nick. He nodded and left the house.

(Meghan’s POV)

When Kevin pulled into the driveway Nick’s car was parked there as well. When Kevin and I got out Nick came up to me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist. He pulled me as close as he could. “How are you feeling?” he asked me. “Fine.” I told him. “Good.” he told me as he kissed my neck gently. Kevin cleared his throat. I blushed and pulled away from Nick. I seen that Nick was blushing as well. “Sorry.” I told Kevin looking down slightly. He just nodded. “I’ll see you at home.” he told Nick as he got back in his car and drove away. I laughed slightly. “What?” Nick asked. “Nothing. It’s nothing.” I told him. He nodded and pulled me in for another kiss. He backed me up against his car. I kissed him back. When he moved to kissing my neck I pushed him away slightly. “Are you ok?” I asked him. He looked at me confused. “Yeah why?” he asked. “It’s just you have never kissed me like this before. You were always to…shy and quiet.” I told him. He raised his eyes at me. “So you want me to stop kissing you like this?” he asked me slowly. “No!” I interjected. Nick smirked before kissing me again.

(The next Day. Meghan’s POV)

I went to my locker never looking up from the ground. I grabbed my books for class and closed the locker. I looked up to find Spencer down the hallway. I froze. He was laughing with his friends and was pointing at me. Tears stung my eyes as a few fell down my face. “Hey none of that now.” Joe told me and him and Tracy walked up to me. I nodded before wiping the tears away. Joe looked down the hallway at Spencer. “Has he bothered you today?” Tracy asked me. “No.” I told her. “Good. Maybe he will just leave you alone now.” Tracy suggested. I shrugged. “Hopefully.” I replied. Nick and Kevin walked over to us after they left the Math class room. Nick wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed me quickly. “Your still going to go to the dance with me right?” he asked me. Tracy looked at us strangely. I gave her the ‘I’ll tell you later’ look. She nodded. “Yeah I just have to find something to wear. Haven’t been to a dance in a while.” I told him. He nodded. “Hey we can go look together because I have to get one as well.” Tracy told me. “Yeah that sounds like a lot of fun.” I told her.