Chapter 18

I looked at Nick awkwardly. He was really upset. “Nick I-” I started but was cut off. “I don’t want to talk about it.” he told me before walking off. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.

(Meghan’s POV)

I slid down the wall outside of the school and put my face into my knees. I cried quietly for a while before someone sat down next to me. I looked up to see Joe. I wiped my eyes. “What are you doing here?” I asked him. He shrugged. “Are you ok?” he asked me. I nodded. “It will be ok.” he told me. I looked at him. “I really liked him.” I told Joe. “I know you did. It’s not your fault.” he told me. I nodded slightly. “I heard you kissed Kevin though.” Joe added looking at me. I nodded. “Yeah I don’t know why I did that. It just sort of happened.” I replied. He looked at me. “Do you like Kevin?” he asked me. I was quiet before I shrugged. “I’m not sure. I’m confused right now and hurt because of Nick and Natalie. I really just don’t know.” I told him. “You know that he likes you right?” Joe asked me. I looked up at him shocked. I nodded. “I know.” I replied. “Look he’s liked you for a while. He just didn’t say anything because of Nick. Maybe you should…talk to Kevin.” he told me. I looked at him. “Shouldn’t you be on Nick’s side? I mean I did just break up with him now your like setting me up with Kevin?” I asked him. “Whatever makes you happy, and if Kevin can be happy too then that’s how it’s going to be.” he told me. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. “Thanks Joey.” I told him. “No problem Megs.” he told me.

(Kevin’s POV)

I looked for Meghan during lunch but I couldn’t find her. “Hey Kev.” Joe told me coming up to me. “Yeah?’ I asked. “If your looking for Meghan she is in the senior courtyard.” he told me. I nodded before getting up and leaving the cafeteria. When I found Meghan she was sitting by herself in the corner of the courtyard. I walked up to her and she looked up at me. I knelt down next to her. “Why are you out here by yourself?” I asked. “I don’t know. I just didn’t feel like having everyone stare at me because of the scene I caused earlier.” she told me. I sat down next to her. “Meghan why did you kiss me earlier?” I asked her. She shrugged. “I don’t know. I guess I did it because I have feelings for you. I don’t know what they are yet but I know I do.” she told me. I looked at her and she looked down. “I’m glad you did kiss me. You know how I feel about you.” I told her. She nodded. “I know. But Nick didn’t and we just broke up. I feel bad about doing it so soon.” she told me. I nodded. “Yeah but at least you can say you had the guts to do it.” I told her. She smiled. “Yeah.” she told me. She moved closer to me and leaned her head against my chest. I rubbed her back gently. “Why did he cheat on me?” she asked. “I don’t know. He’s not like that normally. I honestly don’t know.” I told her. I leaned down and kissed her. She kissed me back. I laid her back onto the grass and continued to kiss her.

(Nick’s POV)

I decided to ditch class. I just didn’t feel like sitting there. When I walked passed the senior courtyard I seen Kevin and Meghan. They were talking. I thought about going out there to talk to Meghan but I seen Kevin kiss her and she kissed him back. I felt even more hurt now. I continued walking down the hallway and then out into the parking lot. I left the car for Joe and Kevin and just started to walk home. When I got home I sat my stuff down. “What are you doing home? You should be in school.” my mom told me. I didn’t look up at her as I walked up the stairs ignoring what she was saying. I closed and locked my bedroom door. I grabbed my guitar and started to write a song.

(Meghan’s POV)

I pushed Kevin away from me slightly. “Kevin we are in the school’s courtyard.” I pointed out, he smiled. “I know.” he told me. I rolled my eyes and pushed him off of me completely. “Awww.” he told me. I smiled and shook my head. “Ok stud muffin times up.” I told him sitting up and brushing off my clothes. He smiled and shook his head too. We gathered our stuff up and went back into the school. At the end of the day Kevin was waiting for me outside. He offered to drive me home but I turned him down. “That’s ok Kevin I already have a ride.” I told him. He nodded. “I’ll see you tomorrow then.” he told me as he headed over to his car. I walked back towards the front of the school.