Chapter 16

(Meghan’s POV)

I waited for Joe to leave with Meghan before walking over to Kevin who was standing at his locker. “Hey that new girl is really nice huh?” he asked me. I nodded. “Yeah I guess.” I told him. He looked at me and raised his eyebrows. “Are you jealous of her?” he asked me. I scoffed. “No I am not jealous of her Kevin. I was just saying.” I told him. He laughed. “Right.” he told me. I growled. “That was kinda hot.” he told me smirking. “Shut up.” I told him. He laughed and I walked away from him. I decided that I would go through the math hallway to get to the science one. When I turned the corner I seen Nick and Natalie talking. I ducked behind the corner so they wouldn’t see me. I couldn’t help but to listen to what they were saying.

(Nick’s POV)

Well your classroom is right there. The teacher is a little crazy but he’s cool.” I told Natalie as she looked at her schedule again. “Do you think everyone liked me?” she asked me. I nodded. “Yeah of course.” I replied. She looked up at me. “I don’t think Meghan liked me very much. She hardly said anything to me.” she told me. “She’ll grow more comfortable with you. She just doesn’t take well to new people.” I told her. She looked at me strangely. “Why?” she asked. “It’s a long story.” I replied. She nodded. “Nick does your brother have a thing for Meghan?” she asked me. I froze slightly. “What do you mean?” I asked. “Well he kept looking at her like she was the best thing on the face of the planet.” she told me. I frowned slightly. “No he doesn’t.” I told her. She nodded. “Do you know where the gym is so I can go there after?” she asked. “Yeah but we’ll just walk there together after class it’s easier than explaining it to you.” I told her. She smiled. When the bell rang she kissed me on the cheek and went into her class room and I went into mine.

(Meghan’s POV)

I stared at the spot where Nick and Natalie were just standing a few seconds ago. I didn’t even care that I was now late for class. I sat down and leaned against the lockers. I cant believe that Natalie kissed Nick. He didn’t even do anything. I mean I know it was just on the cheek but still. He’s my boyfriend. When Kevin kissed me I didn’t just let him. Granted I did kiss him back. Maybe I’m being to harsh and a hypocrite right now. I ran my fingers through my hair and stood up and went to class. Afterwards I met up with Nick outside of his classroom. He smiled when he saw me. When he walked up to me I kissed him gently. He was taken aback but kissed me back all the same. When we pulled away he kissed my forehead gently. “What was that for?” he asked me. I shrugged. “Can’t I kiss you?” I asked him. “Yes please.” he told me. I laughed as Natalie walked up to us. “Hey Nicky.” she told him. “Hey Natalie how was class?” he asked. “It was boring actually.” she said. He laughed. “Hey I’ll just meet you in gym Nicky.” told him as she seen me standing there as if for the first time since she showed up. I looked at Nick kind of annoyed now. “What’s wrong?” he asked. “Nicky? What the heck was that all about?” I asked him. He shrugged. “I don’t know why?” he asked. I rolled my eyes and turned to walk away from him. “Hey Meg what’s the big deal?” he asked me. “Nothing Nicky nothing at all.” yelled back at him putting emphasis on Natalie’s pet name for him.

(Natalie’s POV)

Instead of going to Gym I stuck around to spy on Nick and Meghan. I smiled to myself when I heard the argument they just had. Phase one of break Nick and Meghan up worked. I also love how Nick didn’t mention anything about me giving him a kiss earlier. This is going to be easier than I thought it would be. I thought to myself. When Nick closed his locker door I walked up to him. “Oh hey. I thought you went to class already.” he told me. I shrugged. “I needed something from my locker so I had to come back.” I lied. He nodded. “What’s wrong?” I asked him. “Me and my girlfriend got into an argument. I don’t even know why she got all upset.” he told me. “She mad because of me. She doesn’t like me at all.” I told him looking down. “Hey I’m sure she likes you.” he told me. I shook my head. “No I heard her venting about me to a friend of hers. She hates me. She doesn’t even want me to hang around you guys.” I told him. He frowned. “Are you sure you heard her correctly?” he asked me. I nodded and whipped fake tears. “Hey don’t cry. I’ll talk to her about it.” he told me as he pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist and smirked. “Ok.” I fake sobbed.

(Meghan’s POV)

At the end of the day I walked outside to my car. I put my stuff in the back seat when Nick walked up to me. “Hey what is going on with you and Natalie?” he asked me. I shrugged but didn’t answer him. I was still upset with him. “Meghan.” he said annoyed. “What do you want me to say Nick?” I asked him. “What is going on Meghan? First you act like she is nice then you go and talk bad about her to a friend.” he told me. “I vented. That’s different.” I replied. “Then why did you vent?” he asked. “Because she is trying to get in between us and you are being so naive and are not even realizing it!” I yelled. “What are you talking about Meghan? She has been nothing but nice to you and all you have done is accuse her of things.” he told me. “It’s all fake Nick and you don’t even see it. Natalie has done nothing but act since she sat with us at lunch.” I told him. “You haven’t even given her a chance!” he yelled. “I did Nick! But then she started to try to push me away. Then she comes up with a pet name for you! Then she pretends that she is hurt by the way I am acting towards her and you are falling for it. She is trying to get in between us and you don’t even see it. She’s a fake!” I yelled. “Well then it looks like it worked.” he yelled back. “Fine!” I yelled back as I got in my car and drove off.