Chapter 41

(Kevin's POV)

A few hours after the doctor left i went into the guest room where Meghan was laying down. "Kevin." Meghan whined as i brought her some of her medicine. "What?" i asked. "Do i have to stay in here?" she asked. "Yes. dont make me get Nick in here." i told her. she looked at me quietly. "Fine." she told me pouting. "Stop it. its the doctors orders." i told her trying to ignore her. "Can you take me home then so i can atleast be in my own bed?" she asked. "You really want to be alone? your parents wont be back for a few weeks yet." i asked her. she was quiet before shaking her head. "No i guess not." she told me burying her face under the blankets. i shook my head slightly. "Can you turn on the air conditioner, its hot?" she asked me. i nodded. "Sure." i told her.

(Joe's POV)

i just got back from dropping Tracy off at home. i kicked off my shoes and went downstairs to look for my song journal. i had a few new ideas that i wanted to try out. Nick was down there at the keyboard when i pushed the door open. he took the headphones off. "Hows meghan?" i asked him. "She's doing ok. nothing has really changed." he told me. "New song?" i asked him. he nodded while turning off the keyboard. "Yea well its nothing yet." he told me. i just rolled my eyes. "You always say that about your best songs." i told him. he shrugged before heading upstairs.

(Meghan's POV)

after kevin had left me alone i snuck downstairs and went into the kitchen. i grabbed a water bottle and pulled the cap off. i drank it slowly, making sure it doesnt make me feel worse. i hate water but at the moment i am so thirsty that i could care less what it was. "What are you doing out of bed?" i heard Nick ask me. i turned around and found him leaning against the door frame with an accusing look on his face. i put on an innocent face. "Just getting water." i told him. he nodded. "Did you get it?" i asked him. i nodded. he held out his hand which i was forced to take when he wouldnt back down. he pulled me back upstairs and into the guest room. i hate having him around me right now that im sick. if he gets sick its going to be worse because it will mess with his blood sugar levels as well. "I'll be fine." he told me as if he knew what i was thinking. he pulled me down onto the bed and wrapped his arms around me. "When you feel better i want to take you out someplace." he told me. i looked at him. "Where?" i asked. he shrugged. "Anywhere you want to go." he told me. i smiled and went to kiss him before i stopped. "Sorry." i mumbled. he looked hurt.