Chapter 10

(Nick’s POV)

About an hour later I went upstairs and went into the kitchen to get something to eat. I closed the refrigerator door when Joe came in. “Hey what was up with Meg earlier. She seemed upset when she left?” Joe asked me. “I should be the one that is mad. She lied to me. She told me that she was at the mall alone. One of those jerks from school seen her there with a guy.” I told him slamming a bowl down onto the table. “Maybe they were friends or maybe she did go alone and just happened to see him for a few minutes. Stop freaking out bro.” he told me. I rolled my eyes.

(Meghan’s POV)

I called Nick several times throughout the night. He never answered once. I called Joe. “Hey Megs.” he said happily. ‘Hey…” I trailed off. “What’s wrong?” he asked me seriously now. “It’s Nick. I don’t understand what’s going on with him. He’s upset with me and I don’t know why.” I told him. He was quiet for a while. “Meg Nick said someone came by today and told him you were at the mall with a guy. He said that you told him you were alone and that’s why he’s mad. He’s kind of jealous and paranoid that you might be cheating on him.” Joe told me. I was shocked. “I’m not cheating on him. I was alone at the mall. The guy was my friend Justin and I ran into him in the food court. We sat and talked while we ate then we went our separate ways.” I told him practically sobbing. “Hey, don’t cry.” he told me. I sat on the edge of my bed and wiped at the tears running down my face. “Look I’ll tell him what you just told me and I’ll have him call you ok.” he told me. I nodded forgetting he couldn’t see me. “Ok.” I whispered into the phone. I hung up the phone and laid down across my bed. My phone rang a half an hour later. I looked at the caller ID and seen that it was Nick. I contemplated answering it. I picked it up. “Hello.” I said rather stupidly. “Meg...I have to say something.” Nick told me. “Yeah?” I asked. “I’m sorry. It’s just I was jealous and angry. I didn’t mean to act the way that I did.” he told me. “Nick you really hurt me and it was all for nothing.” I told him. “I know and all I can say is I’m sorry.” he told me again. I sighed. “I forgive you Nick but I really need to get some sleep.” I told him. “Ok will I get to see you tomorrow?” he asked me. “Sure.” I told him. “I love you Meghan.” he told me. “I love you too Nick.” I told him as we hung up.

(Kevin’s POV)

I was sitting at home talking to my girlfriend Ashlee on the phone. When I hung up I went downstairs and overheard a conversation that Nick was having with Meghan over his cell. I went into the kitchen and got a can of Red Bull before going in and sitting next to him. “Everything ok?” I asked. He nodded. “She is going to sleep.” he told me. I nodded. “Why do I love her so much Kevin?” he asked looking up at me. I was shocked that he asked me this question so I didn’t respond right away. I sighed. “I don’t know Nick. The heart does crazy things sometimes.” I told him. He looked at me quietly for a second. “Yeah I guess it does.” he replied. “Nick, listen, I have been in your position before. It gets easier trust me.” I told him. He nodded. “Kevin…have you and Ashlee ever told each other that you love each other?” he asked me. I thought for a moment. “No we haven’t. I don’t think that I am ready to say that to her yet.” I told him. “Do you think that I was wrong for saying it to Meghan?” he asked. “No. If that’s really how you feel about her and your not just leading her on…then no I don’t think it was wrong for you to say that.” I told him putting my hand on his shoulder. He smiled.

(The next day still Kevin’s POV)

I was walking with Joe and Nick to our lockers when I seen Meghan and Tracy talking to each other. I nudged Nick and pointed over to them. He looked at me nervously for a second before breaking away from me and Joe and walked up to her. Tracy seen Joe and headed our way.

(Meghan’s POV)

I watched as Tracy went over to Joe completely ditching me. Nick took her place a few seconds later. “Hey.” I said. “Hey.” he replied. “I really am sorry for the other day.” he added. “I know and I already said that I forgive you.” I told him smiling. He smiled back. I stood up on my tip toes and kissed him gently. He kissed me back instantly. “I missed you.” I told him. “I missed you too.” he replied. He wrapped his arm around my waist and we walked over to stand next to Tracy, Joe and Kev.