Chapter 7

Meghan was sitting in the back of the closet crying into her knees. I ran to her. “Meghan are you ok?! What happened?” I asked her. She just looked up at me. Her eye make up was messed up. She moved into my arms and continued to cry into my chest. “We need the nurse down to the janitors closet right away.” the head of security called through her walkie talkie. I rubbed Meghan’s back gently. “It’s ok. It’s going to be ok.” I told her. “No. No it’s not Kevin. You don’t know what Spencer did.” she sobbed. I looked at her. “Spencer? The guy Joe hit?” I asked her. She just nodded. “What did he do to you?” I asked her. She didn’t answer. She only buried her face into my chest. That was really all I needed to figure out for myself what had happened. I tightened my grip on her.

(Joe’s POV)

Tracy and I have been looking for Meghan for a while now. We went to her next class but she wasn’t there. “Do you think she is that mad at me to leave school?” Tracy asked me. I shook my head. “No. That doesn’t seem like her.” I told her. I noticed Kevin looking very out of it, upset and worried all at the same time. I grabbed Tracy’s arm and pulled her with me over to him. “Hey have you see Meghan?” I asked him. He looked at me quietly for a second. “Yeah….I seen her.” he told me. I looked at him strangely. “Joe something happened. It was Spencer. He…did stuff to her.” Kevin told me choosing his words carefully. I froze and just looked at him. I looked at Tracy and she looked horrified. “She was taken to the hospital.” Kevin added closing his locker. Just then Nick came up to us. “Hey guys have you seen Meghan?” he asked us. Kevin, Tracy and I just looked at him. Kevin took a deep breath and told him the story.

(Meghan’s POV)

I was sitting in the hospital room waiting for the doctors to come back. When they did it was good news. I sighed in relief but I was still shaken up. I am so scared about what’s going to happen in school tomorrow. Everyone is going to stare at me and whisper I just know it. There was a light knock on the door. I looked up as Nick, Kevin and Joe walked in the room. I looked down at my hands quickly then back at Kevin. He smiled slightly. Nick came over to me and pulled me into a hug, kissing my forehead gently. “Are you ok?” he asked me. I nodded. “Just shaken up. The doctors told me I will be fine.” I told him. He nodded.

(Kevin’s POV)

I was relieved that Meghan was going to be ok. I felt really protective of her since I seen her all broken in the janitor’s closet. She kept glancing at me as if she wanted to say something to me but she would always look away as if she changed her mind. Nick looked happier now that he knew she was going to be ok. He mentioned something to me earlier before this whole thing happened about asking Meghan to the dance at school. I think that it would be good for her. And of course for him.

(Nick’s POV)

My brothers left the room to go and get something from the cafeteria. I looked at Meghan. She noticed and blushed. I smiled. “Stop staring at me.” she told me. I laughed. “Your pretty. Why cant I look at you?” I asked. She shrugged. “Meg do you want to go to the dance with me? I know it’s a bad time to ask…” I asked her. She looked at me quietly. “What?” I asked. “It’s just I have a bad experience with dances.” she told me. “How’s that?” I asked her. “Just…the last dance I went to…yeah it just wasn’t good.” she told me. I nodded. “Well we don’t have to go if you don’t want to.” I told her kind of disappointed. I think she noticed because she shook her head. “No Nick I want to go.” she told me. I smiled and kissed her.

(Joe’s POV)

I called Tracy to tell her the news about Meg. She was really happy. We ended up rescheduling our date because of what happened. “Hey I’m going to call you back when I leave but were about to go back into her room.” I told Tracy. “Kay I love you.” she told me. “I love you too.” I told her beaming. I hung up the phone as Kevin pushed the door open carrying both his and Megs drinks. She looked happy as Kevin told her what it was and handed it to her. “You know Kevin it’s like you read my mind.” she told him. He just shook his head while Nick and I laughed.