Chapter 30

When we arrived at Natalie's house my heart was racing. I felt Nick tighten his grip on me. If it was even possible i moved closer to him. The party was ok for the first hour but then she showed her face. the one person that i was hoping that i could avoid all night. "Hey Nick." she said flipping her hair as she walked by us. I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to go and get something to drink." i told Nick over the music. he nodded before Joe moved his attention elsewhere. To get to the kitchen i had to walk through many conversations recieving looks from most. When i found the drinks i picked up a cup and poured some diet coke into one. i drank it quickly. "Hey Bridge." I turned around to see Kevin. I smiled. "Since when do you call me Bridge?" I asked him. he shrugged. "I dont know." he replied. i laughed slightly. He took my drink from my hand and brought it to his lips before handing it back. "Thanks." he said as he walked away. I looked at his retreating back stunned. I shook my head and got more before going back to the living room. I was almost back to where Nick and everyone was sitting when the music cut off. "Hey Bridge." Natalie called. I turned around to see her standing with a couple of her friends. "Yeah?" I asked her not really liking all of the attention that was now focused on me. "Thats a really pretty dress." she told me. "Thanks." I replied not sure what to think. "It's really a shame." she continued. I looked at her confused. Just then a guy on my right dumped a cold liquid over my head. I wiped the substance from my eyes as I heard laughing. I darted from the room and through the front door. I dont know how long I ran but i found myself at home. I burst through the door and locked it behind me. I looked in the mirror and let the tears run down my face that i had been holding in that whole time. Sobs racked my body as I looked at my now ruined dress. I climbed the stairs and went into the bathroom stripping down and getting into the shower. When i was done i left the ruined dress in the sink and went into my bedroom. I looked at my phone to see missed call's and texts but i erased them without even looking at who they were from.

(Joe's POV)

I couldnt believe what had just happened. I looked around for Meghan but couldnt find her anywhere. I ran into everyone else at the front door. "She's not here anymore." I told them. "Nicky where are you going?" I heard Natalie ask as she walked up to us. Nick didnt answer her as she left the house. Natalie turned toward me and Tracy. "What?" she asked at the looks on our faces. "That was harsh even for you." Tracy told her while following Nick. I shook my head and trailed behind.

(Meghan's POV)

I laid in bed with the covers pulled up over my head thinking about everyone laughing at me. I knew that i shouldnt have went to that party in the first place. Stupid Tracy. Stupid Joe. Stupid everyone. I should have stuck to my insticts. I fell asleep that night with tears streaming down my face and sobs racking my body.