Chapter 66

(Joe's POV)

the next morning I went downstairs, Nick and Meg were passed out on the couch. Nick had his arms around her protectively. I went into the kitchen and searched for a bottle of water. "Looking for this?" Meg told me suddenly. I jumped, not realizing she had come in. "Sorry." she told me. I nodded and took the water from her. "Thanks." I added. she smiled. "Did you sleep well?" I asked her. "Yep." she told me, popping the "p". I smiled. Nick came in a few seconds later.

he wrapped his arms around Meg. "I didn't say you could get up." he told her, yawning slightly. she smirked. "You know I don't listen." she replied. he smiled at her gently. I then noticed how gentle Nick actually was her. I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly and cleared my throat. "Do we have to go to school today?" she asked. I shook my head. "Great I'll be in my bed." she announced, hurrying up the stairs.

I waited for the sound of the door closing before looking at Nick. "How long are we gonna let her avoid this?" I asked him. he froze and looked at me. "We talked last night."he told me. "Barely." I added, disappointed. I could see anger flash in his eyes, causing me to take a step backwards. he rubbed his eyes as he went upstairs. I sighed and leaned against the counter. Nick has been getting angry quick these last few days. I know it's because of his sugar levels, but I haven't asked.

(Nick's POV)

I pushed Meghan' s door open. she was curled up under the sheets. I closed the door and climbed in next to her. she opens her eyes and looked at me. "You ok?" she asked me. I nodded. she didn't look convinced. "Did you check your blood sugar?" she asked. I shrugged, not wanting to get back up. she turned away from me. "Meg." I said upset.

"No. not until you take care of yourself." she told me. I growled as I got up and went into my bag. I checked and sorted myself out before pulling Meg close to me. she still didn't say anything to me. I sighed. "I checked it." I told her. she nodded. I grabbed her and forced her to look at me."What?" I asked her. "Let go." she told me, rolling back over.

I noticed my cellphone laying on the night stand. I grabbed it and flipped through the messages. I caught site of a recent one from Miley. "Meg, don't go through my phone." I told her. "I didn't." she called when you were downstairs talking to Joe. she told me that you and here were supposed to go to the party together last night. she was worried when you didn't show up." she told me.

"So now your upset right." I stated. "No. I'm just tired." she told me, snuggling into her pillows and blankets. I turned my phone off and threw it on top off bag. even if she denied it and never let me see it, she was upset. I rubbed her back gently. she moved against my hand, so that I had a firm hold on her. "I'm cold." she told me. I moved against her. I pulled the blankets around us tightly as I wrapped my arms around her. she sighed in contentment.

*The next day*

Today came much to quick for my liking. I never let Meg out of my sight. "She's fine." Kevin told me while opening his locker. I nodded. the bruise on his temple was a light purple color."How is your shoulder?" I asked him, noticing how he was favoring his left side. he shrugged. "It will be ok." he replied. I nodded as I looked back over at Meg. I felt a pang of jealously rip through me at that moment. she was talking to Matt Dawson, the captain of the baseball team. Meg smiled at me, when she noticed me watching her. I smiled back, trying to hide my discomfort. Kevin just patted my shoulder as he left me standing there.