Chapter 4

When I ran into Joe he looked more exhausted then beat up. “Hey Tracy told me what happened are you ok?” I asked him. “Yeah I’m cool.” he told me. A girl that I recognized from third period English walked up to us nervously. She was staring googley eyed at Joe. My mind wandered back to Tracy’s crush on Joe. I watched as Joe turned on his Flirty charm while talking to the girl. I snapped back to reality and listened to what they were saying. “I just wanted to invite you to the party that’s this Saturday. It should be fun.” she told him nervously. “Sounds like fun Sara.” he told her looking over the invitation. “Oh and you and Nick are invited to.” she told me handing me one of the invitations she was holding in her shaking hands. “Thanks.” I told her. She laughed slightly before turning around and walking away. “You were totally flirting with her.” I told Joe accusingly. “So. It’s not like I have a girlfriend.” he told me. “Yet.” I mumbled under my breath. He looked at me. “What?” he asked. “Nothing.” I told him smiling. He rolled his eyes. Nick spotted us from the staircase and walked over. He wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed me quickly. He noticed Joe standing there looking out of place. “What happened to you?” Nick asked him. “Spencer ambushed me in the hall earlier today.” Joe told him looking at himself in the mirror for the first time since the incident. “He’s going to get it.” Nick told us with anger in his voice. “Nick don’t fight with him.” I told him while playing with one of his loose curls. “Family always sticks up for each other.” Nick told me crossing his arms. I rolled my eyes. “Your just trying to impress me.” I told him jokingly. “Am not!” he said with fake anger. I laughed. “Whatever you say Nicholas.” I told him. “Your lucky you’re my girlfriend because if not you would not be able to get away with calling me that.” he told me with narrowed eyes. “He hates being called that. It’s just Nick.” Joe told me. I laughed. “Why it’s cute?” I asked poking Nick’s nose. “Ewww.” Joe said trying to cover both his eyes and ears at the same time. “Are you going to that party?” I asked Joe. “Yeah but I don’t know who with.” he told me. “Well how about you ask Tracy?” I asked straight out. “That girl who I met in the hall today?” he asked. I nodded. “I don’t know her that well.” he told me. “Wait you know her?” he asked picking up on what I hoped he over looked. “Yea how do you think I found out about what happened to you?” I asked him. “I don’t know I’ll think about it.” he told me closing his locker. I nodded turning back to Nick. “Do you want to go?” I asked him. “We were kind of invited.” I added. “This is going to be our first date then. I can think of tons of stuff to do there.” he told me. I smacked his arm. “Ow. What was that for?” he asked as we left the school.