Chapter 31

The next morning i didnt want to wake up. I wanted to lay in bed all day and do nothing but i drug myself out of bed and went into the bathroom. I rubbed my eyes and looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were still bloodshot from crying. I washed my face and threw on some sweat pants and a sweat shirt. I went downstairs and made a bowl of cereal before looking at my phone. There were atleast 20 texts and 3 missed calls. I opened the texts first. They were from Nick, Joe and Kevin. I read through them quickly before moving onto my voice mail. I sighed as i heard Tracy freaking out on the other end. I erased them and shot her a text saying that I was fine. When i was finished eating I rinsed my bowl out and stuck it in the dishwasher. I groaned as there was a knock on the door. I looked through the curtin to see Kevin, Nick and Joe. I pulled my sweatshirt around me before opening the door to let them in. "Hey how are you doing?" Nick asked me as they came inside. "I'm ok." I told him. He didnt seem convinced however. "I'm so sorry. I really didnt think that she would do that."  Joe told me. I shrugged. Nick wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him. When he pulled away from me he kissed me quickly. I smiled slightly for the first time since i got home. I seen Kevin looking at me with a worried look on his face. I met his gaze. Nick's omnipod started beeping so he went upstairs to the bathroom to attend to it. "Are you sure your ok?" Kevin asked me. I nodded. "Since when do you wear sweats and just pull your hair back like that?" he asked. "I do this alot. Just not in front of people." I told him. "We are here?" he said. I shrugged. "Whats the point?" I told him before turning my back on him and went into the kitchen to find Joe digging through my fridge. "Can i help you?" i asked him smirking slightly. "Yes i want a soda." he told me pulling one out and popping the top off. I shook my head. "Rude." i told him jokingly. He smiled before drinking more of it. I noticed Kevin staring at me again. "Look Kevin I'm fine! would you just stop staring at me already!?" I yelled at him frustrated. He nodded before leaving. Joe looked taken aback. I sighed and raked my fingers through my hair. "Hey." Joe told me grabbing my wrist. "Calm down." he told me softly. I nodded. "Joe i knew i should have just stayed home yesterday." i told him quietly. "Dont worry about it. she just showed everyone how much of a bitch she is. thats all." he told me as Nick came back downstairs. "Where's Kevin?" he asked. Meg looked guilty.

(Joe's POV)

"I kind of snapped at him and he left." she told him. He looked confused. I motioned for him to drop it. He nodded. "Hey i was thinking that you come over to my place tonight and have dinner with us." Nick told her. She looked hesitant. "I dont know Nick i really dont feel like going anywhere." she told him. "Oh come on Meg." I told her throwing my arm around her shoulder. She sighed giving up. "Fine." she told me pulling away from me. "Just give me a few mintues to get ready." she told us. We both nodded as she went upstairs. I turned to Nick. He rubbed the back of his neck like he does when he is worried. "What's up dude?" I asked him. He looked up at me. "I'm just worried about her. I was talking to Tracy earlier and she says that Meghan always pushes her feelings to the side." he told me. I looked at him confused. "I mean that even if she is depressed and upset she keeps it all hiden inside and it gets worse." He told me. I nodded as Meghan came back downstairs. I looked up at her and did a double take. Her hair was crimped and she was wearing white skinny jeans that had rips in the knees. She had a black and white chained tank top on that stopped just above her bellybutton. "Wow." Nick said once he snapped out of it. She smiled slightly. "Alright we should get going." I said grabbing her coat off of the rack and handing it to her. She took it and pulled it on while grabbing her keys. she locked the door behind us. I got into my car and left.

(Nick's POV)

I opened the door to my car for her to get in and closed it behind her. I cleared my head as i got into the drivers side and backed out of her driveway.