Chapter 5

When we walked outside there were a lot of people hovering around a billboard. ‘I wonder what they are looking at?” Joe asked. I shrugged and pushed my way to the front of the pack. I looked at the sign on the billboard telling about the Spring Dance. I looked back at Nick before looking at the billboard again. When I got away from the group of people I fixed my now messed up hair. “What was going on?” Joe asked. “Nothing. Just AP exam grades.” I lied. They both shrugged before Nick wrapped his arm around my waist. “Want a ride home? Or are you going to take the bus?” he asked. “Whatever’s easiest.” I replied. “Good then your coming with us.” he told me. “Why doesn’t she just come over to our place?” Joe asked. “If you can your welcome to.” Nick told me. I nodded. “Sounds fun.” I replied.

(Nick’s POV)

When we got to my house I was really nervous. My family is really wacky and the house is always hectic. When we got inside my mom was the first one to show up. She kissed me and Joe on the forehead. “Who is this?” she asked looking at Meghan. “I’m Meghan.” she told my mom. “It’s nice to meet you honey. Please call me Denise.” my mom told her. Meghan just smiled nervously. “Come on Meghan I’m going to introduce you to our other brothers.” Joe told her. She nodded and he pulled her down to the media room. “She is nice.” my mom told me. I checked my blood sugar quickly. “Yeah I know. She treats me like I’m a normal person. It’s kind of nice.” I told her. She smiled. “Well that’s good.” my mom replied. “Are you two dating?” she asked me with her all knowing super mom powers. “Yeah.” I told her not able to deny it. “Nick come on man!” Joe yelled from the media room. I went downstairs to find Meghan sitting on the couch watching Frankie and Joe play guitar hero. I sat down next to her. “Where is Kevin?” I asked. “He went upstairs to get his cell phone.” Meghan told me. I nodded. “Hey that’s not fair you cheated!” Frankie yelled at Joe as Joe tried to knock the guitar out of Frankie’s hand. “No it’s not. It says nothing in the rule book about doing that.” Joe defended himself. Meghan laughed slightly. Kevin came back downstairs and sat in the chair in the corner of the room. “Still texting Ashlee?” I asked him. He nodded never looking up from his phone. “Ashlee?” Meghan asked me. “His girlfriend.” I replied. She nodded.

(The next day. Joe’s POV)

I went to my locker to look for my textbook for Math when Tracy walked up to me. “Hey Joe.” she told me. “Hey Tracy long time no see.” I told her smiling. “Feeling better?” she asked. I nodded. “Yup.” I added. “Well I better get going if I’m late one more time I’m in trouble.” she told me. “Hey uh, do you want to go to that party with me?” I asked her. She looked shocked at first. “Yeah that sounds like a lot of fun.” she told me. “Great I’ll pick you up?” I asked. “Yeah.” she replied before smiling and walking away.

(Tracy’s POV)

“Meg guess what.” I told her practically jumping up and down. “What?” she asked. “Joe totally asked me to go to the party with him!” I yelled. “That’s great!” she replied as excited as me. “When did he ask you?” she asked me. “Right before I came here. I never expected it.” I told her. “Wait did you talk to him yet or did he do it on his own?” I asked her. “I mentioned it once yesterday.” she told me while rummaging through her bag. “Girl I love you.” I told her. She laughed. “Yeah ok.” she told me. “Hey did you hear about the Spring dance?” I asked her. “Yeah…” she replied. “What’s wrong?” I asked. “I’m not going to go.” she told me. “Why not? You and Nick could go together.” I asked her. “I just can’t go ok!” she told me getting really irritated. I looked at her for a second before turning around in my seat.

(Meghan’s POV)

I messed with the pencils on my desk nervously. I feel bad about snapping at Tracy but she kept asking questions that would lead to questions that I didn’t want to answer. I know that Nick is going to find out about the dance sooner or later but I don’t know how to tell Nick I don’t want to go. The bell rang and I ran out of class before anyone else had the chance to react to it.