Chapter 28

When I woke up the next day I groaned and rolled over. I didn’t feel all that good so I called the school and told them I was sick and wouldn’t be there today. When I hung up I curled up under the blankets and fell back asleep.

(Nick’s POV)

I left history wondering where Meghan was today. She never showed up and she didn’t mention anything about not coming today. I tried calling her a few times but she never answered her phone. I went to lunch and sat with my brothers and Tracy. Her and Joe had made up last night and are dating again. I was happy for the both of them. “Still haven’t heard anything?” Joe asked me. I shook my head. “Do you guys want to go to that party at Natalie’s house?” Tracy asked. Everyone said that they would except for me. “I don’t know. You know how Meghan feels about her.” I told her. She nodded. “If I can get her to come will you?” she asked me. I hesitated for a minute before nodding. “Yeah sure why not.” I told her. She smiled. “Good.” she replied.

(Meghan’s POV)

I woke up to my door bell. I went downstairs and opened the door to find Damon standing on my front porch. “What are you doing here?” I half said half yawned. “You were not at school so I just came by to see if you were ok.” he told me. I looked at the clock. “School isn’t over yet.” I told him. He looked at me and raised his eyebrows. “And?” he asked. I shook my head and moved aside for him to come in. I closed the door behind him. “Sorry. I just woke up.” I told him running my fingers through my hair. “It’s cool. Nice place by the way.” he told me. “Thanks.” I replied. “So why didn’t you come to school today?” he asked me. “I was sick this morning.” I told him. He nodded. “Your boyfriend was looking for you.” he told me. “I’ll text him in a few minutes.” I replied.

(Joe’s POV)

*After school*

I dropped Tracy off at home before going over to Meghan’s house. I promised Tracy that I would talk to her to try and convince her to go to Natalie’s party. I don’t know what to expect on this whole situation. When I got there I noticed an unfamiliar car parked in her drive way. I went up to the door and rang the doorbell. Instead of Meg answering the door Damon did. I froze slightly before snapping out of it. “Hey is Meghan there?” I asked. He nodded and opened the door for me to come in. I did closing it behind me. “Meghan!” he yelled up the stairs. She came out of a room off to the left. “Hey Joe.” she told me coming downstairs. “What are you doing here?” she asked. “I came to talk to you…privately.” I said glancing at Damon. “Ok well I’m going to go. I’ll see you tomorrow Meg.” he told her as he grabbed his jacket and left. “What?” she asked me when I looked at her questioningly. “Where were you today?” I asked her. “I was sick this morning so I stayed home.” she told me. I nodded. “And he got here when?” I asked. She looked at me. “Joe what does that matter? We were just hanging out.” she told me. “Nothing. I’m just watching out for you that’s all.” I told her. “Well thanks but I don’t need it.” she told me a little bit upset. “I came over because Tracy wanted me to ask you if you would go to Natalie’s party with her, me, Kevin and Nick.” I told her. She looked at me. “No Joe I will not go to that party.” she told me. “Nick will only go if you do and Tracy wants both of you there.” I told her. “Well I’m not going.” she told me. “Why? We will all be there. It’s not like we are throwing you to the wolves or anything.” I told her. She looked at me. “I don’t like her Joe. I will never like her.” she told me. I sighed. “Please go. For me?” I asked her. “I really want you and my brother to go so I have someone to talk to.” I told her when she didn’t answer. She slammed a cup down onto the counter and walked out of the kitchen. I followed her. “Where are you going?” I asked her. “I’m not going to that party Joe! Now just leave!” she yelled at me. “Fine.” I told her as I grabbed my jacket and left.

(Meghan’s POV)

I watched Joe leave through the living room curtains. I sighed and laid down across the couch. I would go but I am so terrified that she will try something on Nick again. When it come to Nick I am so jealous and I know she has it out for me. I know that she will get to Nick just to make me miserable. I got a text from Nick a few minutes later. I decided to call him so that I could hear his voice at least once today.