Chapter 21

(Kevin’s POV)

The next day I when I got to school Meghan was at her locker. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close to me. “Hey.” I told her kissed her quickly. “Kevin we need…..” she started to say but was cut off when Joe and Tracy came over. “Girl I am so sorry. I completely forgot about you yesterday.” Tracy told Meghan. I looked at her confused. “What are you talking about?” I asked. “Oh I was supposed to give her a ride home yesterday.” Tracy told me. I looked at Meghan. “How did you get home?” I asked her. “Nick took me home after the whole Spencer thing.” she said. “Wait. What? What Spencer thing?” I asked her. She looked at me suddenly caught off guard. “Yeah what Spencer thing?” Joe and Tracy asked at the same time. She ran her fingers through her hair. “Well you know Spencer and how he is.” she said. “Where is he?” Joe asked furious again. “Calm down he was already taken care of.” Meghan told us. We looked at her. “How?” Joe asked. “Nick took care of him.” she said before turning around and continuing to get things out of her locker. “What was it you were going to say to me earlier?” I asked her. “I don’t remember.” she told me. I knew it was a lie but I didn’t want to push it. When the bell rang I was going to go to class but Meghan grabbed my arm. I looked at her. “Can we talk?” she asked me. I nodded. We went out to my car so that we could have some privacy away from everyone. She looked at me. “Kevin, I have to be honest with you about something.” she told me. “What about?” I asked her. “Kevin, I am still in love with Nick.” she told me. I nodded. “I know. I can see it.” I told her honestly. “Kevin when he was over at my house yesterday…I just don’t want to lead you on. I care for you a lot Kevin. I don’t want to hurt you. That is the last thing I wanted to do.” she told me. I smiled. “Meghan I want you to be happy. That’s all.” I told her. She smiled then looked at her hands. “Go find Nick.” I told her pulling her into a hug. “Thanks for understanding Kevin.” she told me. “No problem. Just remember that I am always here for you.” I told her. She nodded. We got out of my car and went into the school. When I got to class I was reprimanded for being late for the fourth time in two weeks.

(Nick’s POV)

I was sitting in history wondering where Meghan was. I knew she is at school today because I seen her talking to everyone at her locker. About 20 minutes into class Meghan walked in. Mrs. McGuire called her to her desk and was talking to her quietly. I knew she was getting in trouble for being late. When Meghan sat down next to me I caught her eye. She smiled. “Where were you?” I asked her. “I was talking to Kevin.” she told me. I raised my eyebrows at her. “How did that go?” I asked her nervously. “Well. He understood. He wanted me to find you.” she told me. I smiled. I took her hand into mine. When the bell rang I took Meg’s hand and pulled her out the doors. “Where are we going?” she asked me. “My house. We’re ditching the rest of the day.” I told her. “Ok then.” she told me throwing her stuff into the back of my car. I pulled out of the school parking lot and headed towards my house. When we got there we went into the kitchen. “Do you want anything?” I asked her. She shook her head. “No. I’m fine.” she replied. I nodded before getting some water. “I’ll be back I have to check on some things.” I told her. She nodded and I went upstairs.

Meghan’s POV)

I waited downstairs for Nick to come back. I knew he was checking his blood sugar. He just didn’t want me to see that. I found a set of stairs that lead down a floor. I went down them just looking around at the pictures on the walls. They were of the boys when they were babies. I smiled at the one of Nick that was at the bottom of the stairs. I pushed the door at the bottom of the stairs open and found myself in a type of downstairs theater. I looked around at the different items that were down there. A few minutes later I heard the door close. I turned around quickly to see Nick standing there just watching me. I looked down. “I was just looking at the pictures and stuff.” I told him. He smiled. “I know I seen you come down here.” he told me. He walked up to me and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. He pushed me back against the wall and pinned me there. He moved to kissing my neck. I closed my eyes. He pulled back. “Don’t stop.” I told him. He smiled at me. “I need to.” he told me. “Why?” I asked him genuinely curious. “I just…I don’t want to go to far…or do something that you are not ok with.” he told me rubbing his neck. “I understand.” I told him.

(Joe’s POV)

“So I am going to pick you up for the dance around 7.” I told Tracy as we left the school at the end of the day. “That would be awesome.” she told me as she kissed me. I ran my fingers through her hair. I’m really glad that Meghan convinced me to go out with Tracy. I really like her. She pulled away from me. “Have you seen Meg we were supposed to get ready together?” she asked me. “She will be at your house a little later. Her and Nick ditched today.” I told her. She looked at me. “I thought she was with Kevin.” she said. “She was but you know Nick and Meg. They are meant to be.” I said mocking Nick. She smiled. “Is Kevin aware of this?” she asked me. I nodded. “He’s the one who told Meg to find Nick this morning.” I told her. She nodded. “Is he ok because I know he really likes her?” Tracy asked me. I nodded again. “He’s ok. He still likes her even though she wants to be with Nick. However he did meet some new girl today. They seemed to really hit it off.” I told Tracy. “Really? Who? I didn’t know we had a new girl.” she told me as we walked out to my car. “Her name is Demitra.” I told her. She nodded. “That’s good for him.” she told me as I pulled out of the school parking lot.

(Meghan’s POV)

When I got home I was really excited for tonight. Nick told me him and Joe would be here around 7. Tracy was coming over in a few minutes to get ready with me. I pulled my dress out of the back of my closet. Nobody has seen this except for Tracy. I took the matching shoes I got to go with it out. The door bell rang so I went down to get it. “Hey girl.” Tracy said as she came in. “Hey.” I replied. “So how was your day with Mr. Nicholas Jonas?” she asked me in a sing song manner. I smiled. “It was good.” I told her walking up the stairs. “Come on now spill what did you two do? Was it romantic? Was it…steamy?” she asked me as she ran in front of me and blocked me from getting into my bedroom. I smiled and looked at my hands. “Meg.” she said in an don’t-play-that-game-with-me manner. “We watched a couple movies.” I told her. “Did you two kiss at all?” she asked. “Yes not that it’s any of your business what me and Nick do.” I told her jokingly. She rolled her eyes. “If you two are getting freaky I need to know about it.” she told me. I looked at her funny. “Trust me that isn’t going to happen with Nick. When we were kissing he actually had to stop because he was afraid he would do something inappropriate. He wont even allow himself to begin to think about something like that.” I told her. “What do you mean he had to stop?” she asked me pulling out her dress. “I mean he had to stop kissing me because he felt it was going to end up going to far.” I told her. “Awww. He’s so cute.” she told me. I smiled. “Yeah but sometimes I wish he wouldn’t stop that’s the problem.” I told her. She looked at me. “Now we will have none of that. You two are way to young for that.” she told me. I rolled my eyes. “I’m 17 years old.” I told her. “Yeah and the age requirement to ride that ride is 40 and married.” she told me. I laughed. “Ok enough talk about me and Nick and more getting ready.