Chapter 9

(At a dress shop after school)

“So you and Nick are going to the dance together?” Tracy asked me. I nodded. “Yeah. I mean he is really sweet and he hasn’t done anything to hurt me so I don’t see why not.” I told her while looking at a red knee high dress. I put it back on the rack and moved on. “What about what happened the last time?” she asked. I looked at her quietly for a second. “Well I don’t think that is going to happen again. This time I’m with someone who actually cares about me unlike Spencer.” I told her. She nodded. “So you and Joe have fun on that date you two went on?” I asked her. “How did you know about that?” she asked me. “Kevin told me you two went out.” I told her. She rolled her eyes. “Yes as a matter of fact we did and you and Kevin have been hanging out a lot lately I noticed.” she told me changing the subject. I nodded. “Yeah I don’t really know why but ever since that day when he found me, we have been really close.” I told her. She looked at me. “I think that he might…never mind.” she told me turning away from me. “No what were you going to say?” I asked her. “It’s nothing.” she told me. I sighed. “Tracy.” I said. She turned to look at me. “Ok. I think that he might have some feelings for you.” she told me. I looked at he strangely. “What? No it’s not like that. It’s more like brother and sister.” I told her laughing slightly. “Ok then.” she told me as we picked out the dresses that we wanted and went to pay. God I hope it’s just like brother and sister, I thought to myself as we got into my car and drove away towards home. When I dropped Tracy off at home I headed over to the mall. I looked around in Hot Topic for a while before I got a text message from Nick.

NickJisoffthechain: Hey :)

Meg<3NJ: Hey what’s up?

NickJisoffthechain: Nm just playing guitar, wbu?

Meg<3NJ: went to get dresses with Tracy. @ the mall now just looking around.

NickJisoffthechain: Fun. buy me something?

Meg<3NJ: I’ll buy something for me and just say its for you :p

NickJisoffthechain: Haha ok as long as I get to see it.

Meg<3Nj: Of course. <3

I shoved my phone back in my pocket and took the couple shorts and music tees that I found up to the register. When I was done paying I walked down to the food court. I chose a seat and just sat there for a little while. “Hey you. What are you doing here?” someone called over to me. I looked up and seen Justin Hawthorne. I smiled. “Oh nothing much. Just hanging around.” I told him and he came up and took a seat opposite of me. “By yourself. That sounds boring.” he told me. I laughed. We talked for a while.

(Spencer’s POV)

I was walking around the mall with a group of my friends when I seen Meghan Bridge in the food court talking to Justin Hawthorne. I smirked. “Hey guys we have a stop to make.” I told them as we left the mall.

(Nick’s POV)

There was a knock at the door so I went downstairs to open it. I looked through the window and seen one of Spencer’s friends. I opened the door. “What do you want?’ I asked him. “I just wanted to tell you that your girlfriend is at the mall with another guy.” he told me. I looked at him. “So?” I asked him remaining calm. “So, they are getting pretty close in the food court.” he told me before turning around and walking away. I closed the door and locked it behind me.

(Meghan’s POV)

When I went left he mall I went over to Nick’s house. When I knocked Joe answered the door. “Hey Meg!” he told me engulfing me in a hug. I laughed. “Hey Joe.” I said trying to breathe. He laughed. “Sorry.” he told me. “It’s ok. Where’s Nick?” I asked him. “Downstairs.” he told me. I nodded and ran downstairs. Nick was playing his guitar. I walked over and sat down next to him. “That sounds nice.” I told him. “Thanks. I’ve been working on it for a couple months.” he told me. He looked up at me and smiled. “Have fun at the mall? Who else was there?” he asked me. I shrugged. “It was ok. I went by myself.” I told him. He hesitantly nodded before he went back to his guitar. “Are you ok?” I asked him. “Yeah, I’m just busy with this.” he told me. I nodded. “Well I’ll see you later then.” I told him standing up. “Bye.” he told me not looking up at me once as I left. I closed the door to the basement before going towards the front door. I sighed. “You ok?” Kevin asked me from the kitchen. I looked at him and plastered a fake smile on my face. “I’m fine.” I told him. “Are you sure?” he asked. I nodded before walking out of the house.