Punk!LevixShy!Scared!Trapped!Mermaid!Reader ~ Shells

Requested

Modern AU

Levi's POV

"You're gonna drown us both." I glared as my uncle seemed to have no idea how to row a simple boat.

"Okay well how about you do it, big shot." He glared right back at me.

"I will." I grumbled, snatching the oar away from him. My Uncle Kenny and I have never had the best relationship. My mom wanted us to do something together to fix that and for whatever reason, she chose fishing.

"Listen, kid. How about we just stop this now and you can tell your mom we had a great time." Kenny suggested.

"Fine by me-" I scoffed before we heard faint crying. For the first time in, well, forever, Kenny and I worked together to row the boat to the sound of the crying.

We finally made it to the shore and found a thick net covering something. I quickly threw the net away to reveal a teary-eyed girl around my age.

When she caught sight of Kenny and I, she tried to back away but the net was still wrapped around her. "Please don't hurt me!" She cried.

"We're just trying to help." I said sincerely. "I can cut the net off of you-"

"N-No!" She suddenly exclaimed. "I-I can get it..." She fumbled with the thick rope.

"How long have you been like this?" Kenny asked.

"A while..." She answered.

"If you could have gotten out, you would have done so already." Kenny said and quickly cut the net off of her... TAIL?!

Kenny and I just stood in complete shock as the girl turned out to be an actual mermaid. Looking closer, she did have faint scales on her arms and cheekbones. Her hair also had strands of (F/C), matching her tail.

"Please don't turn me in! They don't understand me!" She said in fear.

"Who?" I questioned.

"The humans! They're all the same! So thank you for your help, but I'll be going now." She tried to crawl back to shore but I grabbed her arm. Her skin was so smooth even with the scales.

"I can assure you that not all humans are monsters." I tried to convince her, even though Hanji sometimes acts like one. "My name's Levi."

"That's... That's a nice name." She let out a small smile. "My name's (Y/N)."

"So how exactly did you end up getting caught?" Kenny asked.

"Some fisherman caught me but when they saw what I am, they got terrified and ran off." She answered.

"So can you turn or your tail into legs like Ariel or something?" I asked.

"You know Ariel, too?!" She asked excitingly.

"Never-mind." I shook my head. "Why were you so close to the surface, though?"

"I was just curious." She shrugged.

"Curiosity killed the cat." Kenny said.

"The what?" She questioned. I let out a small chuckle and was about to ask her more questions but we heard a faint singing. "Oh, that's my family looking for me." She reached into her satchel and pulled out two small seashells, giving one to me. "I think these are like what you all call 'phones.' Just speak into it to talk to me."

"Will do." I looked at the beautiful shell in my hand.

"Well I better go now." She frowned. "I hope to see you both soon."

"Yeah." I waved as she flipped her beautiful tail and swam deep under the sea. Kenny and I just stood there for a good minute wondering if we had just really witnessed and communicated with a mermaid.

"Well that was interesting." Kenny commented.

"Very." I agreed.