Rich!LevixHomeless!Reader ~ Please Stay (Part 2)

(Y/N)'s POV

"Good morning, Levi." I smiled as I came into his office to drop off paperwork. The past few months I've been working as Levi's new assistant and slowing getting back on my feet. In fact, this job pays so much that I'm already moved into my own apartment.

"Good morning." He slightly smiled at me. I placed the paperwork on his desk and took my place filing documents. The peaceful silence went on for a while before Levi broke it. "So, (Y/N)." He sounded a little uneasy.

"Yeah?"

"There's, uh, this company banquet coming up." He fiddled with his pen. "I was wondering if you wanted to go with me." A banquet...? With him?!

"U-Um, sure." I blushed.

"Great, I'll pick you up next Saturday around 6." He said. I nodded and went back to my job, trying to calm down my quickly beating heart. Calm down, (Y/N), you can't be catching feelings for your boss.

Time skip

That weekend I went to the store and picked out a fancy dress and shoes. For some reason I really wanted to impress Levi. Now I'm sitting nervously in my living room waiting for him. A knock was heard on my door so I grabbed my purse and got up. I opened the door to see Levi in a very formal, obviously expensive suit. "You look beautiful." He blushed.

"T-Thanks... you too." I stuttered. "I mean, handsome. You look handsome! Not beautiful, that's just weird." Real smooth, (Y/N).

"Let's get going, shall we?" He chuckled. We rode downtown to one of the fanciest restaurants in the city. It was bustling with the loud, obnoxious gloating and laughing of rich industry people. The was the one thing I didn't like about my job, the pride. "It won't take too long." Levi said, seeming to have read my mind.

"Sure, Mr. Ackerman." I chuckled and we found our seat. The meal itself went pretty good and the food was delicious. I was still getting used to all this high-class stuff. I stood over by the restrooms with some punch in my hand while Levi reluctantly socialized with his boss and co-workers.

"And this is my new assistant." A familiar voice suddenly said. Levi walked over to me with two beautiful women following him with stars in their eyes. "Introduce yourself." He whispered to me.

"H-Hi, I'm (Y/N)." I said.

"I'm Angela." One of them looked me up and down. (I just picked a random name, no offense if your name is Angela😘)

"Say, haven't I seen you around somewhere besides work?" The other women asked.

"U-Um, I don't think so." I started getting nervous. Levi and I decided on keeping my past a secret.

"I think you're right, didn't you hang around the alleys and dumpsters?" Angela sneered.

"Seriously, Levi? You picked this hobo instead of me?" The other women sneered.

"Well she sure did clean up nice, didn't she?" Angela flicked my hair.

"That's enough." Levi growled and grabbed her hand. The shame and embarrassment from a few months ago returned and I quickly walked outside to the balcony for some fresh air.

I looked up to the familiar starry night sky as I attempted to hold my tears back. I didn't think people would recognize me... I'm such an idiot. "Hey." A voice said from behind me.

"I was right, Levi." I sniffled. "You should have never involved yourself with me."

"That's not true." He came up beside me.

"But they-"

"Who cares what they think. They're just a couple of brats who tear others down to make themselves look better." He said.

"Levi, I don't want to ruin your reputation." I shook my head.

"You're not!" He slammed his hand on the balcony, making me flinch. "I came from the streets, too! I was poor, too! And that's okay, the only thing that matters is who we are now. There's people that know about my past, too, and you know what I do?"

"What?" I sniffled.

"I let it serve as a reminder that great things can come from small places." He said. I looked out at the lit up city below us. He's right... "Do you need more convincing?" He asked more softly. I turned to look at him and he cupped my face, giving me a long, sweet kiss. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around him. "I love you, (Y/N)." He whispered.

"I... love you, too." I smiled. He held me close to his chest and ran his fingers through my hair.

"Please stay, (Y/N). Please be mine."

"Of course." I smiled into the embrace, promising to never look down on my past or forget how far I've come... how far we've come.