LevixMaid!Reader ~ For you

Requested

(Y/N)'s POV

"Hmm..." I sighed as I rested on my broom. It's been a long day  so I was pretty tired.

"Get back to it." Levi said from his desk.

"Yes, Captain." I said jokingly. I'm really the only one who can joke with him without getting punched. You see, I've been an orphan all my life, and about a year ago the orphanage went bankrupt and had to shut down. That left me malnourished and dirty on the streets until one day Levi found me and took me in to be the Survey Corps HQ's maid. Why he took me in, I'll never know. But despite being very different, we actually became quite close. Spending time with him, even if it was just by cleaning his office, was the highlight of my day.

I hummed softly as I continued sweeping the floor. Once it was all up to Levi's standards, I packed all my stuff into my bag. "Where are you going next?" Levi asked.

"Hanji's." I groaned. Cleaning Hanji's lab is always... interesting. It's basically what nightmares are made of.

"Have fun." Levi chuckled. I playfully rolled my eyes and headed for the door. "(Y/N)." Levi spoke up.

"Hm?"

"Thank you." He said quickly, shocking me. In the whole year I've been here, he's never once said "thank you" once, why now?!

"N-No problem." I stuttered before leaving the room before he'd catch on. Levi basically saved my life a year ago, so I can't help it if feelings toward him start to develop inside of me. But even if it was just two simple words, it meant a lot to me. Everything he says or does towards me means a lot.

I walked quickly down the hall to Hanji's lab. Of course, she was leaning over her desk probably working on some experiment that will eventually blow up and later I'll have to clean her lab again.

"There's my favorite maid!" She cheered.

"I'm the only maid here, Hanji." I chuckled.

"Why's your face red? Are you sick?" She asked concernedly. I felt my cheek and realized it was, in fact, pretty warm. I hadn't even noticed that I must have been blushing.

"O-Oh, no, I'm fine." I turned my head away and tried to get on with my cleaning.

"Who's office did you just clean?" She asked curiously.

"Levi's, why?" I asked, confused.

"I knew it!" She exclaimed and smirked at me. "You have a crush on shorty!"

"W-What?! No I don't!" I could feel my face grow even warmer.

"Stop denying it, (Y/N)." She threw her arm around my shoulders and gave me a creepy smile. "I'm Hanji, remember? I know everything."

"I'm telling you, I don't-"

"You don't know that Levi likes you, too."

"What?!"

"What?" We just stared at each other for about ten seconds before she started laughing.

"That's not a funny joke." I grumbled. "Levi's too scared to love. He's lost so many people in his life."

"I see it every day, (Y/N)!" Hanji insisted. "From the both of you! Just admit it!" I looked down at the floor as I pondered what to say.

"Just don't tell him, please." I said quietly before picking my stuff up. "I'm going to go clean Erwin's office, I'll come back."

"(Y/N)-" Hanji tried to say but I shut the door. I wasn't necessarily mad, I just didn't like getting my hopes up. Levi can't have feelings fo me. He just can't.

Time skip

I yawned once more as I finished wiping all the door dust off Erwin's multiple bookshelves. "Are you okay, (Y/N)? You seem a little off today." Erwin said concernedly.

"Yep, I'm great." I lied and smiled. "That'll do it. See you tomorrow." I waved and walked out the door. I think I'll just skip Hanji's lab today... I'll have to clean the mess hall after dinner tonight, but then I'll be done for the day-

"(Y/N)." A voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked to see Mikasa, one if my close friends. She was similar to Levi in a lot of ways. "Shorty wants you in his office."

"Okay, thanks." I smiled and headed back to Levi's office once again. I knocked and gave him a few seconds before coming in, being greeted with a well-dressed Captain Levi with his hands folded on his desk. "You wanted to see me?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah." He answered curtly. "A little while ago a very, very annoying birdie told me some news." My eyes started brimming with tears of embarrassment as I knew exactly what he was talking about.

"I-I should go-" I quickly headed for the door.

"Wait!" He stood up and walked over to me. I couldn't bear to look him in the eyes as he put his hands on my upper-arms. "And that very annoying birdie also told me that she noticed my feelings too, which just so happen to be true."

"They what?!" I asked in total disbelief. He just chuckled as I was finally able to make eye contact with him.

"Yeah, I like you." He admitted.

"B-But, you've already been through so much, I don't want to hurt you." I rambled. "What if titans attack HQ? Or if another one of Hanji's creatures tries to kill me again? Or-"

"It'll be fine." He looked at me sincerely. "I'm willing to take that chance, for you."

"Really?" I smiled, my tears of embarrassment now turning into tears of happiness.

"Really." He nodded. I let my tears flow down my cheeks as I hugged him tightly. I've been waiting so long for this... And he's willing to risk it all... just for me. And I'll risk it all too... for him.