Bad boy!LevixKind!Reader ~ Believe in me (Part 1)

Requested

(C/N)- City Name

Modern AU

Levi's POV

"Levi if this happens again, we will have to expel you. Suspensions obviously aren't working." Principal Zackley said to me.

"I was just-"

"Beating up another student." He finished my statement in his own words. "Now go back to class." I sighed and got up. He was just getting on my nerves, how's a little punch or two gonna hurt him?

I trudged down the hallway to go back to boring history class before I ran into someone. "Watch where you're going!" I snapped, looking at the ground.

"Can you help me?" A soft voice asked. I looked back to see a girl I had never seen here before. "I'm new, and I think I'm already late. I'm looking for Mr. Smith's history class."

"Tch. Follow me." I walked ahead and lead the way to the class.

"How nice of you to finally join us, Levi." Mr. Smith smirked. I rolled my eyes and went for my seat at the back of the class.

"Thank you." The new girl whispered to me with a kind smile. I almost got lost in her eyes before I remembered my place and turned around.

"You must be our new student. It's a pleasure to have you." Mr. Smith said.

"Thank you. Hi, everyone, I'm (Y/N)." She waved to the class. Pretty name, too... Stop it, Levi!

(Y/N)'s POV

I casually chatted and laughed as I sat with my new friends. I think their names are Eren, Mikasa and Armin. They had been helping me around and making me feel welcome. "So who exactly is that?" I asked them as I noticed the guy from earlier sitting all alone. He was dressed in all black and what I could tell already was a signature scowl.

"Oh, that's Levi." Eren said.

"I wouldn't mess with him." Armin said. "He has a bad reputation."

"Well a reputation is a reflection of the past. We can change the future." I said and gathered my lunch. I quickly made my way over to Levi's table and sat next to him.

"What do you want?" He glared at me.

"You seemed lonely." I smiled.

"And why do you care?" He picked at his lunch. I dismissed his question because it would probably lead to many others like it that would just buy him time to not talk to me.

"I'm (Y/N). I just moved here from (C/N)." I said.

"It's pretty dumb to move here if you're already a senior." He scoffed.

"Yeah, well." I shrugged and chuckled. "So have you lived here all your life?"

"Yeah."

"Cool." I looked down at my food. The bell rang and he quickly packed his stuff up. "We should study together-"

"No thanks."

"But-"

"No. Thank. You." He glared at me and walked away. Deciding that was enough for today, I reluctantly packed my stuff up and left he lunchroom.

Time skip

"Hey, Levi!" I arrived at school a little bit early the next day to talk to him. I can't stand seeing people upset and in a bad mood. He rolled his eyes at me and walked away. Wherever he walked, people seemed to make a way for him.
"Your short legs are fast." I caught up to him.

"Never. Say that. Again." He glared at me darkly again. His face is gonna get stuck like that...

"Sorry." I chuckled. "So I was thinking-"

"Why are you so annoying?" He rubbed his temples.

"No? Anyways."

Time skip

Over the next few weeks I started trying to hang around Levi and encourage his mood. The first week he was stubborn and would barely talk, but now he's a little more willing.

People at school told me to stay away from him, but the teachers credited me with his sudden improvement in overall personality and behavior. I stood at my locker waiting for him to arrive. Finally he did, wearing his normal black pants, black jacket and black boots but he had a navy blue shirt on. "Hey, you're not wearing all black today!" I smiled.

"Figured I'd switch things up." He shrugged. I grabbed his arm and went on to class. It was hard trying to concentrate in class with your basically-best-friend was with you, but we managed to both make A's. Before he was failing, so we weekly met up for study sessions.

Ms. Hanji let us talk during study hall so we spent the time doing that. It was all good until I started hearing whispers around us.

"That poor girl's gonna ruin her reputation."

"He's probably forcing her to be his friend because he doesn't have any."

"I want to be her friend, but not with him around."

I saw Levi's fists clench as we both listened intently to the other students. "Hey, calm down." I placed my hand on his. We had also been working on his anger. "Let's just go to the rooftop to study, okay?" He nodded and we gathered our things. Outside it felt warm with a slight breeze blowing past us.

"They're right." Levi suddenly said. "You shouldn't be hanging out with me."

"Levi-"

"I'm just a good-for-nothing trouble kid. You have a bright future ahead of you and-"

"And so do you!" I grabbed his hands. "Levi, we all make mistakes, but as long as you're constantly trying to do better, it'll all work out! I believe in you. The teachers believe in you. Your mom believes in you." He stayed silent as he stared at the ground. Suddenly he pulled me into a tight hug and I could feel a few of his tears on my cheeks.

"Thank you so much..." He managed to say. "Thank you..."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him, too. "You're welcome, Levi."