Worried!LevixReader ~ Best life

(Y/N)'s POV

"I'm sorry, (Y/N), I just can't do this anymore." I couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth. "It's for your own good."

"How? How is it for my own good?" I asked through tears. Levi and I were just about to celebrate our first anniversary together, but here he was, breaking up with me all of a sudden.

"Everyone I get close to dies. I think it's best that you just keep your distance from me." He said.

"T-That's not true!" I said. "Levi we live in a world full of misery and death, it's bound to happen."

"(Y/N), please don't make this any harder than it has to be." He said, turning away. Silence filled the room as I got lost in thought.

"You know what, Levi." I said. "I think you're just scared. You're worried you're going to lose someone close to you again."

"And what's wrong with that?"

"Nothing. But it becomes wrong when you let it stop you from doing what you love and living your best life." He turned away from me again and looked down.

"I can't." He said.

"Levi-"

"I just can't. I can't stand losing someone close to me again. I just can't do it again." He said. "If I lose you, I don't know what I'd do. I'd have no hope. I'd give up."

"Well you're almost losing me now." I said. Silence filled the room again as he looked out the window.

"You should go."

"Levi-"

"You should go." He repeated. "This... You and I... never should have happened." Tears again rolled down my cheeks.

"Fine." I said quietly and walked out of the room, slamming the door shut. I walked down the hallway, wiping my eyes, until I ran into a wall. A soft wall, though. I looked up to see Erwin. "Oh, sorry, Erwin." I said. We were best friends in our cadet years, and still are now, so we were on a first name basis.

"Hey, (Y/N). What's wrong?" He was always so caring.

"N-Nothing, don't worry about it." I tried to give him a smile.

"Don't lie to me, (Y/N)." He said. "Did something happen with Levi?" I didn't say anything, I didn't really feel like talking about him right now. "Ah, I see. Do you want me to go talk to him?"

"No, I don't want to bother you. I'm sure you have plenty of other important things to do."

"Taking care of my cadets and friends is part of my role as commander." He ruffled my hair and gave me a small smile. "Now how about you go rest." I nodded and thanked him, heading off to my room.

Levi's POV

I stood looking out the window at the cadets training. I regretted a little what I had just done to (Y/N), but it was for the best. My door suddenly opened and I sighed. I looked behind me and saw Commander Eyebrows. "What do you want, Erwin?" I asked quietly.

"What happened between you and (Y/N)?" He asked. Of course he would know.

"Nothing, can you just leave?" I grumbled.

"No, not until you answer me."

"It's none of your business."

"Two of my best friends are obviously pretty upset. I think it is my business." He crossed his arms. I sighed and looked out the window.

"We broke up." I said.

"Why?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because I'm a coward."

"How so?"

"I'm scared to lose someone I'm close to again." I admitted. "I just don't know what I'd do if I lost her."

"Levi, I little nervousness is fine, but you can't let it hold you back from the people you love." Erwin said.

"I just don't want to go through that again." I said.

"Well how are you feeling right now about your decision?" Oof.

"Not great." I admitted.

"Exactly." He came over to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "How about you go get your girl back?" I nodded and thanked him, walking out to make things right again.

(Y/N)'s POV

I sat on my bed reading a book, trying to distract myself from you know who. By my wet and puffy eyes, one could tell it wasn't working too good. I sighed and closed the book, leaning against the headboard. A knock was heard on my door and I sighed again. "(Y/N), can I please come in?" Well looky here.

"No." I said.

"Please? I really need to talk to you."

"You already did. No." There was silence before I heard footsteps backing away from the door. Uh oh. "No! Levi-" He ran towards my door and kicked it down.

"Hey." He scratched the back of his head.

"Why are you here? I thought you didn't want to be around me." I turned to face the wall.

"(Y/N) I was stupid." He said, sitting on the edge of the bed. "I wasn't thinking clearly. I just wanted to save myself from pain. I also didn't want you to be hurt if I died. So I just kind of thought if we avoided each other, it'd fix everything." I turned to face him.

"Levi I get what you mean, but I have hope that the day will come when all the titans are extinct. And when it does, we'll both be there." I grabbed his hand. "Death is going to come to all of us eventually, so until then we just need to try and live our best life with the people we love and care about."

"You're right." He said. "I'm so sorry. Is there any way you could take me back?"

"Of course." I giggled and pecked his lips. "Now please fix my door."

"Oh yeah, sorry about that." He gave me a nervous smile and got up.

That night I dreamt about that day. That day when our best life will be accomplished. And we'll both be there.