LevixNyctophobic!Reader ~ Breathe

Nyctophobia- Fear of darkness

(Y/N)'s POV

"Okay Sasha, truth or dare?" Connie asked as all the 104th cadets gathered in the girls dorm after dinner.

"Dare!" She said.

"I dare you to go steal some meat from the pantry." He smirked.

"I don't think-" Armin started to say.

"You got it." Sasha confidently walked out the door.

"Eren, truth or dare?" Jean smirked.

"Truth." Eren said.

"Do you happen to have a crush on anyone in the Survey Corps?" Eren was silent for a second.

"Maybe, maybe not." He answered quietly. Mikasa looked at him with a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

"(Y/N), truth or dare?" Eren suddenly asked me.

"Oh, uh, truth." I said.

"Oh come on, you always pick truth." Reiner said.

"Well-"

"Yeah! Please, (Y/N)!" Eren said. I sighed and looked down at my hands.

"Fine." I said.

"Great!" Eren said and went deep into thought. "I dare you to go outside and ding-dong-ditch the Commander's window."

"Y-You mean... right now?" I asked hesitantly.

"Of course!" He said. "Unless you're scared~"

"No, of course I'm not scared!" I quickly tried to cover up. I stood up and brushed myself off. "I-I'll be right back." I controlled my shaking legs and walked out of the room.

I snuck through headquarters to the entrance. The cool wind blew against my face as I walked out into the night. My heart beat against my chest as I snuck to where the Commander's office was. I could barely see a thing. The moon was barely out anyways. I heard it was supposed to storm later tonight.

I held myself as the wind got a bit cold. I stopped and looked around. Doesn't seem like anyone's out here. Was I relieved? Sort of. Was I not relieved? Sort of.

To be honest, I've always been afraid of the dark. I don't really know why, but I can remember being this way ever since I was really young. Every night I slept with a candle lit. I know it's dangerous, but I can't help it.

I slowly made my way to Commander's office. All I had to do was go down one last hall way. I was on my way there when I heard a snap. I stopped dead in my tracks and looked around. Nothing. I passed Captain Levi's office. The lights were out. He must already be in the bed. I took a deep breath and started walking faster, just wanting to get this dare over with.

I continued walking until I hear another loud snap from behind me. "What are you doing at this time of night, cadet?" A stern voice suddenly said. I screamed loudly and backed away. "Be quiet! Do you want to wake the whole Survey Corps?!" I covered my mouth and saluted.

"I-I'm so sorry!" I said.

"You still didn't answer my question, cadet." The person said. They steppedvcloser and I could see that it was Captain Levi. I saluted again. "I could make you run laps till dawn for being out this late."

"I-I'm sorry, sir... My friends and I were playing a game and they dared me to ding-dong-ditch Commander Erwin's window." I told him.

"Well that's just dumb-" He started to say but I heard running. I started shaking as my eyes darted back and forth around us. "Oi, Braus! Get back here!" Braus...? Oh right... the meat. Sasha looked in our direction snd sprinted back to headquarters. "Tch, I'll get her next time." I nodded. "What's wrong with you?"

"N-Nothing, sir!" I stuttered. He looked at me a bit confused.

"You're normally not like this, (L/N)." He said. "What's wrong-" Just then a loud crackle of thunder sounded through the air. I shrieked and a few tears rolled down my cheeks. "Tch, idiot. Are you afraid of thunderstorms?"

"N-No sir..." I answered.

"Well then what is it? You're one of the bravest soldiers I know." That made my heart flutter. Humanity's Strongest thinks I'm brave...?

"It's embarrassing, sir. I can't tell you." I said, hoping I didn't come off rude.

"And why not?" He crossed his arms.

"Because you're Humanity's Strongest Solider. Everybody looks up (or down) to you." I told him honestly.

"Tch, that's just a stupid title." He rolled his eyes. "Now tell me what's really going on." I sighed and looked at the ground. My face heated up but hopefully he couldn't see it.

"I'm afraid of the dark, sir." I said quietly.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't really know." I answered. "I've just always been afraid of it." Another loud crackle of thunder sounded. I shut my eyes tightly and covered my ears. A few more tears slipped out and I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around me. They pulled me into an embrace and I realized what just happened. Captain Levi... is hugging me... Oh my walls...

"It's okay. Nothing can hurt you." He said. "Just breathe. You'll be okay." I followed his words and took some deep breaths. I shyly embraced him back. Once my breathing was settled and my heart wasn't pounding anymore, I slowly pulled away from the embrace.

"Um... thank you, sir." I said.

"It's no problem, cadet." He said. "Now how about you come back inside and I'll make some tea?"

"R-Really...?" I blushed.

"Are you coming or not?" He glanced behind himself, already walking away.

"Yes, sir!"