LevixReaderxCheater!Erwin ~ All along

(Y/N)'s POV

"That should do it." I smiled happily to myself as I put the finishing touches on a small cake I made for my fiancé, Erwin. He's been really upset lately about losing his arm to a titan. He said he doesn't feel useful anymore. Obviously that's not true, so I thought I'd bake him a little encouragement.

"Hey, squad leader!" Sasha came skipping down the hallway. "Oooh, can I have that?!"

"No, cadet." I giggled.

"Awwwe." She whined.

"Sorry~" I laughed and continued walking to Erwin's office. I finally reached the big wooden doors and pushed them open. "Hey, baby~" I think it was at that second that my heart nearly broke in two.

My fiancé, who I loved with all my heart and was planning to spend the rest of my life with, was at his desk with another female squad leader on top of it, obviously making out. Erwin's face turned to complete shock as he pushed himself away. "(Y/N)! I wasn't expecting you." He said.

"Y-Yeah..." I felt tears start forming behind my eyes. "I, uh... baked you a cake..." The cake slowly dropped from my hands as I reached up to wipe my tears away.

"It's really not what it looks like, sweetie." He hurried over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "It was the stress-"

"Don't touch me!" I smacked his hand away and stepped back. "After all we've been through, you do this?! I've been nothing but an amazing girlfriend and fiancé to you, and this is how you treat me?!"

"(Y/N)-"

"You know what, nevermind. I'm sorry that I obviously wasn't good enough for you."

"No! That's not it-!"

"Save it, Commander." I took off my engagement ring and threw it at him. He looked at it in shock before I stormed out of the room.

I walked quickly back to my room. Right now I just didn't want to see anybody. As cliché as it may sound, I just wanted to cry and let it all out. I turned a sharp corner and of course just had to bump into someone. "S-Sorry." I quickly apologized and tried to go around them. They stopped me by the arm, however.

"(Y/N)?" I looked up just a little to see my best friend, Levi. I was one of the first ones he met when he joined the Survey Corps. "What happened? Why are you crying?"

"I-It's nothing." I wiped my eyes again and tried to leave.

"Obviously not." He scoffed. "What's wrong?" I shook my head and pointed down the hallway. He let me go and I walked quickly to my room.

Levi's POV

I walked down the hallway where (Y/N) pointed. Nothing seemed unusual except that Erwin's door was open. I looked inside to find a mess on the floor and Erwin just standing there. "Tch, what happened here?" I asked. He slowly moved his eyes from a shiny object in his hand to me. I took a closer glance and was confused. "Isn't that (Y/N)'s engagement ring?" There was silence before he slowly nodded.

"Hmp, Commander just wanted to spend more time with me." A squad leader inside the room said. I put the pieces together as I felt myself being filled with anger towards the two people in front of me. I felt myself wanting to defend (Y/N), my long-time best friend and... love.

I took a deep breath before walking in and locking the door shut. I cracked my knuckles and got ready.

(Y/N)'s POV

I laid on my bed facing the wall, tears continually streaming down my face. I just don't understand... What did I do? I just felt emotionally broken. I curled up into a ball as I heard a soft knock on the door. I of course didn't answer it but it already opened and closed. Great, I forgot to lock it.

I felt a shift on my bed and a hand pull away some hair from my face. "(Y/N)." Levi.

"Levi I just want to be alone right now." I said.

"I know that's not true." He picked me up and held me close to his chest. "How are you feeling?"

"Horrible." I answered. "I just don't understand what I did wrong."

"You didn't do anything wrong." He rubbed my back. "But don't worry, I took care of them." I chuckled against his chest.

"Thank you." I said. I stayed in his embrace for a couple minutes longer before pulling away.

"I'll always have your back." He gave me a slight smile. I nodded and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. He blushed and looked away. It was weird. In the midst of my heart breaking, I felt it flutter a little.

Maybe it was him all along.