LevixReader ~ Little Talks

Requested (I hope this is something like what you were wanting! lol. I read someone's analysis of the song)

Song lyrics: Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men

(Y/N)'s POV

I don't like walking around this old and empty house
So hold my hand, I'll walk with you, my dear
The stairs creek as I sleep, it's keeping me awake
It's the house telling you to close your eyes

I jolted awake in the middle of the night from yet another nightmare. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I could almost hear his comforting words of telling me to go back to sleep.

A few months ago my husband of over 50 years, Levi, passed away. And here I was, in our bed and house from our marriage, alone. I've been severely depressed ever since he died. It's like sometimes I can even feel his presence or hear his voice in my head.

Am I going crazy???

Some days I can't even trust myself
It's killing me to see you this way
'Cause though the truth may vary
This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore

I've nearly hit my breaking point. He's gone, (Y/N)! I can't tell anyone that I feel like I see or hear him. No one will believe me.

I know I'll see him again one day, but when will that day be?! I want my soulmate. I NEED my soulmate. I can't live without him.

There's an old voice in my head that's holding me back
Well tell her I miss our little talks
Soon it will be over and buried with our past

People keep trying to comfort me, but the only one that I want or need comfort from is gone. They keep saying that the healing process takes time, but what if it hasn't even started yet?!

We used to play outside when we were young
And full of life and full of love

Levi and I had nothing but an amazing life and marriage. We had our ups and downs, but I wouldn't change anything even if I could.

I would give anything to just go back to those days. Those days when we would have spontaneous vacations, hang-outs with Erwin and Hanji, and especially the days our children, together.

Some days I don't know if I am wrong or right
Your mind is playing tricks on you, my dear

Next thing I know, I found myself at his fairly-fresh grave in the middle of the night. It was as if he were calling me here. Tears poured down my face as I couldn't bear life without him.

'Cause though the truth may vary
This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore

My tears stopped as I could almost feel a familiar hand on my shoulder.

"I'm always with you" I could nearly hear his soft voice say. I gasped and looked all around the graveyard, but found nothing. No one.

I looked back at the gravestone. "Levi Ackerman", it read. "Wait for me." I heard his voice once more before the feeling on my shoulder unfortunately disappeared.

I smiled a small smile for the first time in a long time and pressed a kiss to the top of the cold gravestone.

I'll wait, Levi.