Rich!LevixHomeless!Reader ~ Please Stay (Part 1)

Modern AU

Levi's POV

Tch, it's not even November... why is it so cold? I pulled my coat closer around me as I quickly walked to my car after a long day of work, at least it's the weekend. It was a busy day so I had to park a little ways down. I passed by an alley between buildings and heard coarse coughing. I spared a quick glance and caught a sight of beautiful (H/C) hair. It was a little dull, though, and really needed washing.

I looked closer and saw a young woman probably my age holding herself close together on the floor. She coughed again and looked my way. Her eyes caught mine and widened. She quickly stood up and started quickly walking away. She was dressed in tattered, dirty clothes and extremely dirty. Something about her, though, made me want to follow her. My legs moved on their own and went towards her. "Hey!" I called out. I turned the corner and found her hiding behind a dumpster. "Who are you?"

"Please, s-sir, just leave me alone." She said quietly, her teeth chattering from the cold.

"I'm not going to hurt you." I crouched down. "I'm Levi Ackerman."

"I know, you pass by here every day." She said. "I probably sound like a stalker or something..."

"Do you... live here?" I asked and she went silent. Tears slowly flooded her eyes. "I didn't mean to upset you."

"I-It's okay." She wiped her eyes. "Yeah, I live here. It's... a long story." My heart ached at her helpless state but also fluttered. Calm down, Levi, you can care for her, but don't fall in-

"How long have you been here?" I asked.

"About four years or so." She answered. The more I looked at her the more something inside me kept growing.

"How about you come back to my place and clean up?" I asked her. She looked at me in surprise and I finally got a glimpse of her shining (E/C) eyes.

"I don't know... We're complete opposites." She said. "Imagine if one of those people in the industry saw you with someone like me. It would ruin your reputation."

"I am one of those people, and I don't care." I said. Tears came back to her eyes but this time she smiled.

"Thank you..." She sniffled. "I'm (Y/N), by the way. (Y/N) (L/N)."

"Okay, (Y/N), let's go." I put my coat around her shoulders and repressed a smile.

(Y/N)'s POV

Why is he being so nice to me? Why does he "not care"? We walked to his fancy, expensive car and he opened the door for me. It was slick and clean, too clean for me. "I don't care, just get in." He said, seeming to read my mind. We drove in silence to his house, well, more like mansion.

We walked up a grand staircase and to a guest bedroom. "There's a bathroom through that door. I'll get you some clothes." Levi said. "Take your time, I'll go make dinner." I nodded and thanked him again.

I quickly ran a hot bubble bath and decided on just throwing my old clothes away. I scrubbed my body and scalp until I'm sure it was raw. I couldn't help it, though. It felt so nice to have a proper bath after so long.

I wrapped myself in a fluffy towel and walked into the bedroom, finding a neat stack of clothes on the bed. There were grey sweat pants, a plain white t-shirt and a big hoodie. I changed into the warm clothes and walked down the stairs, a delicious smell filling the house. "I hope you like spaghetti." Levi said from the kitchen.

"Anything is fine with me." I chuckled. We sat down at the big table and I tried to eat at a normal pace. I know I'd get sick if I just gobbled it all down. We continued eating before my previous question came to mind. "Hey, Levi." He looked up in acknowledgement. "Why are you doing all this?" He set his fork down and looked away in contemplation.

"I honestly don't know." He said, confusing me even more. "I didn't come from the richest of families or the best part of town, and it's not like me to outwardly show my caring side so much, but... there's just something about you, (Y/N)." I felt my cheeks heat up and I looked back down at my food. He's charming... but we're in two totally different situations right now. We finished eating soon after and I stood up.

"Well I guess I should be going." I reluctantly said.

"Where are you going?" Levi asked, confused.

"Back to the streets, I guess." I said sadly. "You've already done enough for me."

"Please stay, (Y/N)." Levi said quickly. He seemed shocked by his own words, too. "I'll help you get back on your feet."

"Levi-"

"Be my new assistant." He said. "You'll get plenty of money and... we'll be together." He blushed. I started crying and ran over to him, wrapping my arms around him.

"Thank you... Thank you so much, Levi." I sobbed into his chest.

"Thank you." He whispered and wrapped his arms around me, too.