LevixIllegal Immigrant!Depressed! Albino!Reader ~ Protect

Requested

Modern AU

(Y/N)'s POV

"Open up! We know you have her!" The police banged on the door.

"Go to the attic!" My boyfriend, Levi, whispered-yelled to me. I hurried to the stairs but stayed close enough to hear what was going on. Levi straightened everything and opened the door.

"Where is she?" One of the police snarled.

"Excuse me?" Levi said, annoyed.

"We saw her here this morning!" Another police said.

"It must have been someone else." Levi tried to close the door.

"Pfft, how could you miss a freak like that?" They laughed. I could tell Levi was now more angry than annoyed but he couldn't show that he knew me at all. Why? Well, I'm not really supposed to be here. My family and I jumped our country's border because of war. We all got separated and one day I met Levi. He took me in and cared for me. Now a couple years later, we're officially dating but the police have discovered my identity and want to send me back.

"Come back with a warrant." Levi scoffed and shut the door. Eventually the police gave up and drove away. "It's okay now." Levi said. I came down the stairs and hugged him.

"Why do you keep doing this for me?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?"

"You could get in serious trouble for being with me." I buried my head in his chest. "Besides, you heard them. I'm a freak, just look at me."

"No, you're different. And I love that." He cupped my cheeks. "I love you, and I'm going to do everything in my power to protect you." I didn't respond, I just held him closer and tighter.

Time skip

I laid on the couch the next day thinking about mine and Levi's conversation. I'm not even supposed to be here. Levi could get arrested for being with me. He deserves better. He doesn't deserve to live in fear of what could happen to me. Maybe he'd be better off without me... Maybe I should just go-

"There you are!" A window crashing broke me from my depressive thoughts. Several police officers jumped in through the window. I scrambled off the couch and tried to make a run to the back door.

I suddenly felt strong arms around my waist and left the floor. "LET ME GO!" I thrashed and kicked around.

"You don't belong here!" They dragged me outside. I finally kicked the officer in the nuts and backed away.

"I was gonna do this the easy way." The obvious leader of the group smirked and grabbed his gun.

"(Y/N)!" Levi came sprinting down the street.

"Levi stop!" I yelled out.

"Hmp, we can take care of him, too." The leader said.

"You stay away from her!" Levi pulled his gun out of his boot and pointed it at the leader. I jumped in front of the leader and tried to get Levi's attention. Even if he's trying to take me back, nobody deserves to die here.

"Levi! Calm down-!" The last thing I heard was a resounding 'bang' and everything went black.

Time skip

Eventually I started to regain consciousness but struggled to breath. I opened my eyes to a white ceiling and a sleeping Levi beside me. I reached my hand over and caressed his cheek. He slowly opened his eyes and looked over to me. "(Y/N)!" He woke up all the way and hugged me tightly.

"Ow..." I squinted in pain.

"Sorry." He let go. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright." I said. "What happened?"

"I... accidentally shot you..." He hung his head in shame. "I'm so, so sorry." Tears started falling down his face.

"It's okay." I held his hand. "I'm still alive, aren't I? Besides, I was the one who jumped in front of the officer."

"Yeah... about that-" The door suddenly opened and in came several police. They're gonna take me back...

"I'm glad to see you're finally awake, Ms. (Y/N)." One smiled at me.

"U-Uh... yeah..." I stuttered nervously and look towards Levi. He looked surprisingly calm.

"I'll cut to the chase." The officer said. "Despite our many desperate attempts to find you and remove you from this country, you showed an extreme amount of heroism and courage in what you did for our police. You showed mercy and love to someone trying to take your life. For that, we are offering you permanent citizenship here."

"WHAT?!" I said a little too loudly.

"You and your family, once we find them." I covered my face as tears started pouring down.

"So what do you say, baby? Do you accept it?" Levi hugged me.

"Of course!" I said. The police left and Levi pulled me onto his lap.

"Do you have any idea what this means, (Y/N)?" Levi said.

"We can finally start our actual life together! We can have a family!" I said.

"Not before this." Levi pulled away and knelt on the ground, pulling out a gorgeous ring. "(Y/F/N), will you please do me the honor of marrying me? I could never imagine my life without you."

"Of course!" More tears streamed down my face as Levi slipped the ring onto my finger. "I love you so much." I hugged him tightly.

"I love you, too." He held me back.