LevixHomeless!Paranoid!Mime!Reader ~ Trust me

Requested

Modern AU

Levi's POV

How did I let Eyebrows drag me into this? I grumbled to myself about my new job in the big city, pushing past dozens of people. At least the day's done with now, let's just go home and-

"What a freak." Somebody scoffed.

"As if you'll ever make any money." Somebody else yelled. I turned to see a small crowd gathered around a young, thin woman. She had poorly done make-up on resembling that of a mime. It was normal to see street performers on the roads, but she was actually pretty decent. Why are they all making fun of her?

I stood and watched for a couple minutes before pushing past the rude onlookers and dropping a $5 bill in her laid out hat.

"Thank you." She whispered. I looked up to see a pair of gorgeous (E/C) eyes looking down at me. There was something there, though. Desperation? Thankfulness? Both?

I nodded and went on my way, my heart twisting in an unfamiliar way. Stop it, Levi. There are plenty of poor, desperate people here. You can't just start trying to help every single one out there.

But yet...

If I can only help one...

Her...

(Y/N)'s POV

The sun finally set and I retired to my so-called home behind the abandoned buildings. Thanks to the nice, handsome man today, I may be able to afford something small for dinner tonight! All the stores are closed by now, though... Maybe I can hold off until morning.

Time skip

The next day I did the same thing as always. I spent hours and hours in the hot sun trying to earn just a little bit of money. My siblings and I used to play make-believe a lot as kids, but that was a long time ago.

Once all the work people were done for the day, the comments became more unfriendly and rude. Snobby, rich people...

Extremely discouraged, I left my spot on the street earlier than most nights. I wiped a few tears away as I carried my empty hat back to my home. Were you expecting anything different, (Y/N)? Who would support a worthless clown like you?

"Ugh." I grabbed my head as I tried to shake the voices from my head. Memories of abandonment and loneliness flooded through my brain as I sank to the dirty ground. Why did everybody have to leave...?

"Hey." A quiet, cautious voice suddenly said. I slowly looked up to find the nice man from yesterday. He slowly walked towards me but I scooted away. Taking note of my actions, he stayed put. "I... want to help you." He said.

"No you don't! You'll just hurt me!" I cried.

"Hey-"

"Just go away!" I gripped my head and my body started shaking violently. Why can't you just run away from him? You're such a weakling. "Shut up!" I yelled.

After a few minutes I heard footsteps come closer and something wet come across my face. The man had some sort of wet wipe and was wiping my cheap black and white makeup off. "Much better." His mouth twitched in a smile for half a second. "My name's Levi."

I looked at his outstretched hand before placing my trembling, dirty one in it. "(Y-Y/N)..." I replied.

"How about you come with me and get cleaned up?" He offered.

"I-I... I don't know..." I mumbled. He then slid down the wall and sat a few feet away from me.

"I used to be like you." He said quietly. "I used to live on the streets, trying anything for end's meat." Why is he telling me all this? "Then one day, I met a couple friends. We became like family, and they helped me get back on my feet."

"I don't want to bother you..." I said.

"Just think of it as repaying the favor." He said. Looking into his eyes, I saw sincerity. I saw trust. Those were two things I hadn't seen in a long, long time. "I'll get you whatever help you need. I'll help you start a better life. You have to trust me, though."

He's lying to you. He's just gonna use you. He's gonna humiliate you. He's gonna- SHUT UP! I yelled to the voices in my head. I felt a few fresh tears slip from my eyes as I looked at Levi, my savior, my way out.

"I do." I slightly smiled to myself, suddenly feeling free. "I trust you, Levi."