LevixRunaway!Reader ~ Come back

Requested

Warning: If you have sensitive family/parent issues at home, please read with caution. There's always help and hope out there♥️

Modern AU

(Y/N)'s POV

"Why can't you just stick to your word?!"

"Why do you always blame me for everything?!"

Here they go again... I sat on my bed trying to not listen to my parents fighting, once again. We used to be a happy family, but a few years ago my dad cheated on my mom all of a sudden. She forgave him, but since then it's been nothing but trouble. They fight over the littlest thing.

I can't remember the last time I was happy here. At school I'm mainly fine. I have amazing friends and an even more amazing boyfriend. Sometimes, though, thoughts cloud my mind saying that it's all an act. Nobody loves me. Nobody cares. Sometimes I just feel so useless.

Of course, nobody at school knew about my home struggles. Not even my boyfriend, Levi. I guess it was shame that held me back. I usually have to spend twenty minutes in the morning trying to make myself look like I didn't cry myself to sleep, even though I did. I just feel so hopeless sometimes.

"You know what, I should have divorced you all those years ago!" My mom yelled. That was the last straw. I hoped off my bed and grabbed my backpack. I filled it with clothes and essentials. I then sneaked out through my window and got in my car. I don't know where I'm going, but it's going to be anywhere but here.

Levi's POV

Tch, why isn't she answering? That brat always has her phone on her. I sighed and sat my phone down. I was bored out of my mind and my girlfriend, (Y/N), wasn't responding. I watched TV until my phone finally rang. I grabbed it with hope that it was (Y/N), but it was just Four-eyes. I reluctantly answered the call. "LEVI!!!" She yelled through the phone. "HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEWS?!"

"Thanks for blowing my ear drum out, Four-eyes." I grumbled.

"Have you seen it, though?!"

"Hold on." I sighed and flipped to the news. There was a news reporter outside a pretty familiar house.

"This evening, (Y/N) (L/N) from Titan High has been reported missing." The news reporter said. W...What? "If you have any information regarding this young lady, please contact the police immediately."

"Do you know anything about this?!" Hanji asked.

"No, I had no clue." I answered. Why would she run away?! "Let the others know. I'm going to go look for her."

"Levi they said she could have left hours ago!"

"I don't care." I said, grabbing my coat and keys. "Do you know why she might have ran away?"

"No, I figured you might know."

"I don't know a thing." I said. "But I'll find her." I hung up and rushed put to my car. What went wrong? She always seemed so happy at school. She acted as if she didn't have a care in the world. I started my car and quickly drove off. Wherever you are, (Y/N), please be safe. I'm coming for you.

(Y/N)'s POV

I brought my knees to my chest and buried my face in them. I was currently parked in an abandoned parking lot. I ran out of gas and it started pouring down rain. Great. This is just great. I think I'm around three hours from town. I don't know how long it's been since I left. It doesn't really matter, though. Nobody's going to come looking for me. Nobody cares. I got comfortable in my seat and leaned my head against the window, slowly falling asleep.

Time skip

I was quickly awakened by the sound of pounding on my window. I looked out and saw a face in the downpour. I screamed and reached for my handheld gun in the console. "(Y/N) it's me!" The person yelled. Levi... A part of me was glad that he came looking for me, but I owe him an explanation now. I jumped into the passenger seat and unlocked the doors. He quickly got into the driver's seat. I felt kind of bad for how soaked he was. "What were you thinking?!" He exclaimed.

"I... I'm sorry..." I said, avoiding eye contact.

"Do you know how worried I was?!"

"I-I'm sorry, okay?!" All the shame and pain from the past few years finally came out in the form of tears. I sat there sobbing for a good five minutes before I felt a hand on top of my head.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" Levi asked softly.

"I can't tell you." I shook my head.

"Can't or won't?" I sighed and attempted to compose myself.

"A few years ago... my dad cheated on my mom." I started. "She forgave him, but ever since then, it's been nothing but fighting and trouble. He recently cheated on her again with another woman."

"Baby why didn't you tell me? I would have let you vent or cry or whatever you needed."

"I was just embarrassed." I admitted. "And now I don't know what to do. I never want to go back there, Levi."

"You won't have to." He said. I looked at him confused. "You'll come live with me and my family. We have an extra room."

"Levi, I don't want to intrude." I told him.

"You won't be. Please."

"I don't know..."

"Please, (Y/N), I'm begging you. Please come back." His voice cracked, signaling that he was close go crying, something very rare for him. "We'll take care of you. We'll be there for you. Please just come back."

I sighed and looked out the window. "Fine." I answered softly.

"Thank you!" He pulled me into a tight hug. "Please never scare me like that again!" I nuzzled my face in his neck and hugged him back, smelling his familiar cologne.

"I promise." I smiled into the embrace, a real smile, knowing that's I'd never go back there. I'd never have to feel that way any more. I leaned back and gave Levi a long, sweet kiss. As long as I have him, I have all I need.