LevixReader ~ Cuddles

Requested

(Y/N)'s POV

"I just don't understand why you aren't considering the risks!" I rolled my eyes once again as my boyfriend, Levi, paced around the room.

"Levi, I've been in the Survey Corps longer than you. I know how expeditions work." I tried to reason with him.

"But yet I'm still a higher rank than you." He said.

"That's not my fault-"

"Which means that I can command you not to go on this expedition. This one'll be far too dangerous."

"Do you not trust me?" I grew defensive. "Do you not think I'm strong enough?"

"That's not it-"

"I knew it." I chuckled to myself. "Everybody would always tell me I wasn't good enough for you and I guess you feel the same way."

"Stop it, (Y/N)!" He took hold of my shoulders. "That's not what I meant. I just can't lose you, too. I... I don't know what I'd do." The room was filled with silence as neither of us knew what to say.

"Well it's gonna happen sooner or later." I said barely above a whisper and walked out of the room. I made the short trip to my own room and locked the door. I laid down on my bed as frustrated tears rolled down my cheeks.

Ever since the announcement of the upcoming expedition a couple months ago, things have been a little tense between me and Levi. I understand that he just wants to protect me, and that he's lost a lot of people in his lifetime, but sometimes I feel like he just goes a little overboard.

Time skip

I hadn't even realized I had fallen asleep until I was awakened by a knock on my door. Looking to the window, I saw that it was already nighttime. Still disoriented, I stumbled over to my door and opened it. Levi stood on the other side with a sad expression on his face. "Hi." He said.

"Hi." I stepped back to let him come in and the room was full of awkward silence.

"I'm sorry." We both said at the same time, causing us both to chuckle.

"I'm sorry for being too overprotective." Levi said. "I just love you so much, and I need you here with me."

"I know. I'm sorry, too." I said. "I just want you to trust me a little bit. I didn't join the Survey Corps to sit on the sidelines when it gets dangerous."

"I know, I'm sorry." Levi shuffled over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I smiled as I leaned into his warm embrace before he suddenly picked me up and walked over to my couch.

There he laid me down on top of him as he trailed kisses along my face. "Hmmm." I hummed in happiness.

"Will cuddles make everything right?" Levi asked as he wrapped us in a cozy blanket.

"They always do." I smiled.