18

FEARLESS | xviii.
"She had a monster in her heart and that monster was released, that monster craved blood."

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

1 month later

Reyna sat at one of the tables in the nosy tavern, she could hear the chatter and laughs of the warriors and people around her. She had an alcohol drink in her hand, drinking slowly sip by sip.

The drink reminded her of moonshine but it was way stronger than than what Monty used to make for the delinquents.

Her eyes scanned the people sitting around her, but her attention was taken by the door opening and a large group of warriors walking in.

She knew the reason why they were in the tavern. They were looking for her, to kill her. Because she had killed one of their warriors, a warrior know as one of the most powerful ones in the 12 clans, but Reyna defeated him. She cut his head off.

Their clan had been after her even before she killed him, so she sent them his head as a warning. And as revenge for one of her acquaintances Thea, who got killed because they used her for information about Reyna.

Reyna wanted to let them know that if they came after her again, she wouldn't hesitate to kill all of them.

Their clan didn't take her warning seriously. They sent a group of their warriors to kill her. They looked for her and tried to track her down, they probably heard that she was close to Delphi clan territory because of the ruthless army chief she killed and that's why they were in the tavern. And Reyna knew they would be, that's why she was sitting at one of the tables with the hood of her black cape pulled up to cover her face.

When Reyna didn't want to be found, even if a whole army was looking for her they wouldn't be able to find her. She hid in the shadows of the woods, lurked around the villages, chasing her enemies and killing them.

She learned how to live like a shadow, a solitary ghost of the forest. Reyna Evans slowly faded away after each life she took, she became something more deadly. She had a heart of stone, she was emotionally locked down, guarding against the world and the nightmares that plagued her mind.

She lost so much of herself in that mountain, and it seemed that there was no way to get that part of her back.

After destroying Mount Weather she gained a good amount of enemies. A few of the clans wanted her to join them and made her many offers. However Azgeda and some of the other clans have sought to take her power from her and always had their warriors looking out for her and trying to kill her, wasting their time attacking her. She dealt with assassins a few times but no warrior who fought against her in battle had ever won.