16

FEARLESS | xvi.
"You're a monster!"

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Reyna was alone, running through the corridors of the Mountain, she had no idea where she needed to go but she remembered Clarke talking about level 5 and that was the only place she could think of so she intended to find it.

Which was difficult because she had never been inside or knew a lot about the place because she was mostly in Tondc and not back in their camp with Raven.

But finding her way in the Mountain wasn't the only thing on her mind. Her mind also raced with the throughs of Lexa, the girl who betrayed her.

Lexa broke the alliance and walked away, leaving her to die on that mountain for all she was aware of.

They were so close to getting their people back, so near to ending the ruthless Mountain Men, yet Lexa left her there.

How else could Reyna view this other than betrayal? Her friends had become nothing but a bargaining chip, left to be tortured and ultimately to die.

How could she do that?

Reyna thought she knew Lexa, that they've begun to find a balance between their people and with each other. Reyna never thought for one second that things would end this way.

Lexa always spoke of honor, but how was this the actions of a honorable warrior? Maybe Reyna was wrong to think they could walk the same path, foolish to let her into her heart.

Reyna felt despair creep into her heart, for her friends still trapped in the mountain and selfishly for herself. She allowed her feelings for Lexa to become so prevalent and now her heart was shattered. Reyna would have followed Lexa into battle, into the eye of storm and beyond. All that remained was betrayal and heartache.

She felt the betrayal pierce her heart, she felt the rage in her veins when she thought about the Commander. The hatred bubbled up inside of her and took residence in her chest, made her stomach turn. It clouded her mind and distracted her.

She also felt terrible knowing that she disobeyed a direct order, which meant she wasn't one of the Trikru anymore, she wasn't going to be welcome in Polis.

The only thing that she wanted was to be one of them because she felt like she belonged with the grounders. Camp Jaha wasn't her home and it'll never be and she would never come back to their camp.