58

~Vincent's POV~

I can't express enough how much I believe Cid has rubbed off on Cloud's language. Words I've never heard the younger blonde utter before are grumbled with every swing of his blade. Honestly, I just wish Chaos would wake up and we could fly out of here. Cid, you old jerk. I hate you, and I hope you know that.

Red doesn't seem to care about the snakes that we see hanging off trees, just another thing to remind us of Barret. That hilarious snake fear. Cloud doesn't even notice he's slashed through one until its blood splatters in him. He grimaces and thinks a moment before swearing again and continuing the trek. I can already see Yuffie jamming a soap bar into his mouth. It's our third day in this dumb jungle, and we should reach the town by night fall. If Skyler has already escaped, I'm blaming Cid. And I'm not going back through this jungle ever again. I'm covered in bug bites and I really want to take a nice, hot shower. Oh, and don't let me forget that next week is Christmas Eve. Tifa wouldn't let me forget, as much as I wanted to. That's not exactly my favorite holiday.

I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, I'm closing in on the edge of fatigue, but slowly. I'm just exhausted, okay? Cloud forgot his phone on board, and Nanaki doesn't use his, but I have my PHS with me just in case. What good is it going to do without the towers though? I roll my eyes at Red, who smiles back, and goes back to following Cloud.

Suddenly, a large roar erupts around us and makes us pause. The sound is nearly deafening, especially since all three of us can hear more than the average human. Cloud cringes and draws his sword. I unholster my gun and look around for any suspicious movement. Nothing. It's quiet. Too quiet. As fast as the roar came and left, an enormous shadow passes overhead and I'm shooting. A behemoth? In the jungle?! Cloud scoffs and runs toward it, blade raised. The monster lands yards away, Red already leaping and digging his jaws into the beast's flesh.

I reload my gun and jump onto its back, shooting multiple times into its thick skull before jumping down, catching myself with a roll. But the second I'm on my feet, a huge claw swipes out and sends me flying toward a tree. I can swing myself up onto a nearby branch easily enough instead of crashing, but my whole head is in extreme pain, darkness closing it. Bloody gashes run across my back and I swear the stupid animal smashed my skull in the back.

"Galian," I practically whisper.

Pathetic human.

"Oh shut up," I mutter, feeling the pulls of transformation on my body. Galian Beast roars and leaps down from the tree. The behemoth is too busy pawing at a dodging Red and a slashing Cloud to notice Galian closing in on him, claws and jaws alike digging in after it's too late. Please don't swallow any this time.

No promises, host.

With one huge gash, Cloud finishes the beast and I mentally glare at Galian. Let's go, Galian. He reluctantly lets me transform back, my previous injuries erased and Galian's replaced. Red looks alright besides a deep cut to one shoulder blade and a shallow one down his muzzle. Cloud's arm is shredded on his left side (of course it is), and the right side of his face has a long gash down the cheek.

"We look beautiful," Cloud says sarcastically before turning to continue our trek. I inwardly sigh and give a reluctant look to Red. He shrugs and follows obediently. Guess I have no choice... Then I get an idea. Galian? I think I changed my mind.

~|~|~|~|~

"What on earth happened to you all?" Reeve frowns as we dash for civilization. Cloud and Red slide of Galian's back, the beast instantly giving in and letting me transform back onto my panting self. Running thirty miles with two two hundred pound beings on your back is not fun. It's all muscle, guys, don't worry. I'm not calling you fat.

"Behemoth," I wheeze. The WRO commissioner blinks at me.

"In the jungle?"

"I don't get it either," Cloud shrugs, wincing at his wound that still drips in hot, red blood.

"Let's fix those injuries up, shall we?" Reeve offers a smile and we nod, trailing behind him as we get to the inn. Cloud gives Cid the finger weakly and sits down in the chair Yuffie blandly ushers him to.

"Hey Vince," Tifa smiles, kissing my cheek. "You alright?"

"Fine," I nod, I ignoring the aches from overstretched muscles and bruises.

"Cid's a jerk," she whispers by my ear. I nod and rest my head tiredly on her shoulder.

"Let's get you to a shower, stinky," Yuffie says, pinching her nose dramatically and shoving Cloud out of the room. Tifa smirks and raises an eyebrow.

"I know, I know," I sigh. "Into the shower. I don't need convincing."

"Good. Because you smell like death. And you were only out there for three days!"

"And in that time I had no showers or deodorant, food, water, or sleep," I rant. "Thanks Cid. It was a great experience to be starved and nearly killed in the wilderness. In fact, I would have been if I wasn't a freaking half demon man."

"No problem," Cid grumbles, looking anywhere but at people he knows.

Tifa silently hands me the key to our room and I instantly remove my hot clothing upon entering the room. Too warm. I even set the shower to cold water. Feels a lot better in this scorching heat. I don't even realize how tired I am until I'm dressed and dried off. Tifa's in the room when I step out, but I don't bother talking, just throw myself down onto the bed.

"I see you threw your clothing all over the room," Tifa laughs. I just groan, face in pillow. "Nice chocobo boxers." My face warms up and I'm instantly glad for the pillow. But eventually I have to breathe, so I pull away and look over at her, catching her staring at me.

"What?"

"Hmm? Oh nothing," she blushes. I smirk and force my eyes open.

"Cmon Teef, I know you like what you see."

"Psh, of course I do," she teases, heading toward the door. "But I won't if you don't sleep."

"Ugh," I groan when she leaves, shutting my eyes. My stomach lurches and I make a mad dash for the bathroom. Curse you, Galian.
AGAIN, SHORT. I'M SORRY :'( BUT I HAVEN'T MISSED A DAY UPDATING SINCE THE BEGINNING, SO DON'T BE WHINEY ;). OKAY, YOU CAN BE WHINEY. WITH IDEAS. I NEED IDEAS. PLEASE.
V
O
T
E
⭐♥⭐♥⭐♥⭐♥⭐♥⭐♥⭐♥⭐♥