45

WARNING: LOTS OF POV CHANGE THIS CHAPTER! UGH, I WANT CLOUD AND YUFFIE BACK...

~Tifa's POV~

I frown as I take in the sight if the redheaded make before me at the bar counter. I've never Reno so distraught, and not even Rude's flat teasing can lighten his mood. I haven't bothered to ask yet, but I can tell something is really bothering him. As in, the Turk might burst into tears. And I've never seen a Turk cry. I refill another customer's drink and smile at how familiar and comforting be feeling is. I've missed this job, as hectic and tiring as it gets.

The front door jingles and Vincent walks inside, dripping in freezing rain. He shakes the cold water from his hair and smiles at me.

"I'm starting to miss the snow."

"Me too," I sigh, setting my pitcher down and placing a kiss on his cheek. "Go get changed, you'll get sick dressed in those clothes."

"I might need help. Leather tends to stick to me when I get wet," he says cheekily.

"Vincent, I'm working," I roll my eyes and smack him on the chest gently. "Now go get changed."

He sighs and goes to the house side of the bar. I silently refill Reno's drink and sit in front of him. I'm gonna try to help him sort this out.

"Reno?"

"Mm."

"What's up?"

"Is it not normal for me to be drinkin?" He says with a halfhearted smile.

"Something's bothering you."

"Yep."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"I dunno," he says with a shrug and takes a swallow of his drink.

"It might make you feel better," I offer. "And I swear I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to."

"Okay," he sighs reluctantly. "So I was drunk, right?" I nod. Sure? "And I mean, I was wasted, yo. So I saw this chick and man she was hot. She was just walkin down the sidewalk and so I got her trapped up against a building and..." He just keeps going on and on about everything he did, sometimes in a little too much detail, and others as simple as he could get it. I can see Vincent trying not to look like he's listening, but we know he is. "But then there was a kid who came out and lectured her even though I was the one who did it and he threatened to call her husband. Two days later, the blonde idiot comes and beats me to pulp, but I got a few good hits in too. Cut his forehead and side."

"Blonde idiot?" Vincent raises an eyebrow. Reno looks down at the bar counter and nods.

"Yeah. But I mean, I didn't know when it happened, but I realized that I'm, like, really in love with this girl. But she's married. Got kids too."

"Would we happen to know her?" Vince presses.

"Vincent," I warn quietly. Reno ignores him and takes another drink.

"I won't say. But you'll know when I tell you where I was."

"Where?" I frown.

"Wutai," he says just over a whisper and my heart drops. Yuffie...

"YOU FREAKING TRIED TO RAPE YU..." I start, but Vincent claps a hand over my mouth, ignoring the looks of the customers. Reno looks so guilty right now. This isn't right... I'm, like really in love with this girl.