15

~Tifa's POV~

I stare out the front window of the cockpit, the sun having set a long time ago. Cid flew us to Mideel and then vanished along with Cloud and Yuffie. Nobody seems to know where he went, but Barret said he shard Cid yelling at Cloud earlier and heard what sounded like a punch. I seriously hope it wasn't... The beds on this ship are extremely uncomfortable, but the pilot said he was moving the mattresses from the Highwind to her soon. Honestly, I miss the old ship. It was the same machine that saved my life many times and got us everywhere we needed to be as fast as possible. This ship is slow and lazy, seemingly to be used more as a battle craft than transportation with its huge missile supply.

"They should be back soon," A hand rests on my shoulder.

"I hope so," I yawn. "I'm so tired."

"We haven't slept in about twenty four hours, nothin too bad," he smirks down at me and I roll my eyes.

"You never sleep, it shouldn't effect you."

"I do too!"

"Cmon, you wake me up with your random mumbling and annoying train horn sounds."

"Okay, so I snore," he shrugs innocently. Oh Barret... "Don't be so grouchy."

"I won't be if you stop waking me up at night."

"Is that a threat?" He asks in mock fear.

"Maybe."

With a chuckle, he shakes his head and watches a few of the tropical towns' citizens walking home from closing shops and friends' houses. It's so unfair that normal people like this get to be killed and tortured by crazy armies and Sephiroth. What have they done wrong? What did they do to deserve this? If only Sephiroth could be persuaded that people have feelings and souls and they do care. Just because of his bad experience with Hojo he thinks all people are bad. He thinks he was created in a lab when he was really born of Vincent's first love, Lucretia. He doesn't know that Vince tried to save him from the monster Hojo turned him into, and got himself killed and turned into a half demon in return. If only he would listen...

"Look, here they come," he breaks me from my useless thoughts. Sure enough, two light haired men and a dark haired woman are making their way toward the Shera.

"Finally," is all I say before taking my time in my walk to open the door for them. Cid appears first, walking past as fast as can and disappearing into the hall. His eyes looked a little red and puffy... No, I must be going insane. Maybe Cloud punched him in the eyes?

"What's his problem?" Cait asks, entering the room just as Yuffie closes the door behind her.

"Sh..." She starts but stops when Cloud gives her a look.

"You don't even know, we never told you."

"I could tell just from looking at him," she snaps back irritably. "She has mako poisoning, simple as that. But they don't know if she'll ever get better. Whatever happened to her must have been horrible."

"Sephiroth," Cloud mutters, staring off into space.

"Huh?" I frown, my heart thumping a bit harder at the mention of the horrible man's name.

"In the basement earlier... He had a walkie talkie and... He has the kids," he sighs, tugging at the roots of his blonde hair.

"How?" Yuffie finally responds. "And how long did you plan on keeping it hidden?"

"I didn't, it slipped my mind for a short while, probably because of that hit on the head I took."

"Hmph," she scoffs, crossing her arms.