13

~Vincent's POV~

The three of us stand in front of Shinra Mansion, weapons equipped and ready to go. We got a recent call saying that there was a man dressed in black with long hair and wicked sword. Cid stamps the butt of his cigarette out and rests his spear on his shoulder. I highly doubt that Sephiroth will die this time, but there's always the slim chance of .0000000000001. Cloud stares at the front door of the dreaded building before finally speaking up.

"Ready?"

"Let's just get this over with," Cid grumbles.

"Right." He nods and opens the front door. Obviously the only place this man would be is the study in the basement. It's just like him. Dark, creepy, bad memories revolve around it. It must be horrible to be an alien injected being. Oh wait... Oops... Sorry Cloud! Wait, what about me?!?! Chaos is a demon, not an alien. Well that's makes things better. Note the sarcasm.

We walk through the ugly wallpapered rooms until we get to the "secret" door that leads to downstairs. Luckily none of the stairs break on our way down, though I wanted to push Cid off for being so loud. Silence is not this man's friend. Cackling can be heard from the study at the end of the long hall, strong and malicious. My heart thumps a little harder in my chest at the thought of having another go at killing this devil. Yuffie took my cast off just before left and my ankle was just fine after an intense Cure 3 session with Tifa that involved mostly making out and tickling.

"Yes, we shall soon rule the planet, Mother. It will be done this time. The plans are already paid out. The staff is now mine. All we have left is for me to break the materia free and we shall be the rulers and rightful owners of this human infested world. We'll have to set out a few mouse traps for the pests, won't we?" He chuckles darkly and turns the page of a book, his back to us. How did he get the staff? Cloud's bewildered look meets mine and Cid just looks like he's confused.

"I have all of Avalanche's deaths planned for you too. Yes, even the children shall suffer for what their parents have done. Well the older boy has participated in their cruel activities, Mother. I think I might over dose them with your cells and turn them into blood thirsty monsters to rip their parents apart with. Or inject them with too much mako and then they will slowly die of level eight mako poisoning." Cloud tenses beside me. Sir if you run over there and blow our cover before we figure out what he's up too, I will hit you upside the head with a branch.

"The littlest girl? Hmm... I don't know, what did you have in mind? That's perfect!" His demonic laughter rings through our ears, making the hair on the back of my neck stand up. "So I shall. Cloud and whoever the brat's mother is won't even know what's coming for them. Just think about it, their precious children, dead and mangled before them. It's genius, Mother!" Okay, now I don't blame Cloud for leaping at his worst enemy. Sephiroth spins and blocks his attack as if he was expecting us.

"I was expecting you," he sneers. ... No comment. That's just weird.

"You should have been," Cloud shoots back, swinging again. That's right Cloud, you clobber him with that big stick! Oh geeze, I'm going crazy like Cid already.

"I wouldn't be so rude, I might just have something you treasure held captive," he smirks. Cloud pauses and Sephiroth takes the chance to kick him over, the tips of his boots firmly pressed to his opponent's wrists. If only I could get a clear shot...

"Who do you have!" Cloud demands, glaring up at him.

"Oh, just those two little demons that you seem to be fond of. Nothing too serious."