6

~Yuffie's POV~

"Won't you at least visit him?" Cloud shakes his head and dumps spaghetti sauce into the pasta he's making.

"He doesn't deserve it. He deserves to be dead."

"Cloud, he's your father. Do you know what kind of happy dance I would break into if my father just appeared out of nowhere?"

"Your father also didn't starve you and make you sleep outside in the winter," he looks back at me with his saddened and angry blue eyes.

"No, but maybe he's changed."

"I highly doubt that," he says curtly, taking the garlic bread from the oven and swearing when the pan burns his finger.

"People change. I'm no longer that energetic and crazy person I once was," I shrug.

"I'm sure you would be if you got a full night's sleep and a long shower," he grins at me.

"That sounds so nice right now," I sigh, slouching in the dining room chair I'm sitting in.

"I haven't had a chance to do my hair in weeks," he pouts.

"Or shave, Mr. Stubbly-Face," I tease and he rubs his hand along his jaw.

"I was gonna say it's not that bad, but it is," he grimaces. "Ugh, get it off my face!"

"Look at that, Cloud Strife can grow facial hair!"

"Shut up," he grumbles. "I don't know how Barret can stand that beard of his."

"Or Cid with that little thing under his lip," I laugh. "What's the point of that thing?"

"I don't even know what it's called," Cloud chuckles along.

"Grape juice!" I blurt randomly as he pours juice into the twins' cups. He raises an eyebrow at me.

"It's overflowing!"

"Oh shoot!" He says loudly, capping the drink and wiping the purple liquid off the counter. "Don't distract me next time."

"Sorry," I giggle and stand, helping him put the plates on the table. "Go wash your hands!"

"I already did," Cloud smirks at me.

"I wasn't talking to you," I roll my eyes.

"No Mikey! Stop! I go first!" Kara yells at her brother as they race for the hallway bathroom.

"I win!" Mikey squeals clapping and jumping as well as he can. Kara glares at him and pouts.

"That's not nice, Mikey!"

"Uh-huh," he nods.

"No! It's! Not!" she yells, hitting him on the chest. His lip quivers and he sniffles.

"I gonna tell Daddy!" he cries, running towards us.

"No! I sorry, Mikey!" Kara chases him. Our son runs in and clings to Cloud's leg, wailing.

"Daddy, Kara hitted me!"

"Nuh-uh!" Kara yells.

"Kara, what ever happened to know yelling in the house," he gives her a stern look. One of my coworkers once told me it's obvious that we chose Mikey as our favorite. That's not true. Kara just happens to be more difficult and so we have to be stricter, where as Michael is usually quiet and doesn't do very many bad things.

"But Mikey yells!"

"I'm not talking about Mikey, I'm taking about you."

"But I don't wanna!" she stomps her foot.