24

~Shera's POV~ (Yep, love dis chick!)

Hugging tightly to Cid as we crash into the ground is a little distracting. He smells like sweat and smoke, a strangely comforting scent to me. The sounds of metal crunching, glass shattering, and Tifa's short lived scream of surprise fill my ears and a strong jolt makes me fall to the ground.

"Get up," Cid growls, yanking me to my feet and pulling me after him as we make our way toward the others, Yuffie coughing her lungs to pieces. Not literally.

"What the heck just happened?!" Barret roars, looking around him at the destroyed ship.

"I dunno, but let's get out of here," Cloud shakes his head.

"Cmon," Red nods toward the exit, which is thankfully not destroyed.

"Holy sushi," Yuffie mutters, looking at the Shera.

"I'm gonna kill whoever installed the power supply," Cid mutters. I involuntarily tense and cringe, his eyes flickering to mine before I can loosen up. "Well, er, I... It doesn't matter," he shakes his head.

"Everyone out?" Barret asks Tifa once she and Vincent run out, the woman panting.

"Yeah," she nods, looking around and doing a head count.

"How're we gonna get anywhere by foot? This world is huge and we ain't got no transportation." He whines.

"Chocobos?" Cloud offers almost hopefully.

"Yuffie, your man needs to learn not to be so obsessed with those birds," I laugh, shaking my head.

"I know, right?" She rolls her eyes. Cloud actually looks pretty dizzy and his face is greenish. I'm just gonna have to hope that he doesn't hold us up with all his puking.

"Why don't y'all go on ahead? I'll stay here and attempt to get this thing fixed up," Cid shakes his head at the wreck.

"And how exactly do you plan on doing that?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I did it to the Highwind and I can do it again."

"Keep dreaming, Cid," Red sighs and looks at our surroundings wistfully. "We're not too far from Junon, you know."

"How far?" Cloud frowns, sitting in the ground with a groan.

"Two or three hours walk at a human pace," the animal shrugs.

"Let's do it," Tifa nods.

"I think I'm gonna stay here," I sigh, looking over at Cid, who's restlessly walking around his mess of an airship.

"Have fun with the idiot pilot," Vincent chuckles and shakes his head.

"And you with the ditzy barbie doll," I grin. Tifa glares at me and then him when he laughs too.

And then they're gone. I stay standing around the side of the ship, watching Avalanche until they're tiny figures on the horizon. This is all my fault. I had a feeling that the power wasn't set up right earlier when the kitchen light kept flickering, even after I changed the light bulb. And now look at this mess. I should've said something. Heck, I should've done something. And now they're all stuck walking to that smelly town with poor sick Cloud. Great. And how are they gonna get everywhere?

I sigh and push the thoughts away. Blaming myself isn't gonna fix anything. So instead of being a grumpy, I walk around to the other side of the ship, where Cid appears to be tinkering with something. The sound of the grass crunching under my shoe makes him swivel around instantly, spear in hand. I smile and hold up my hands in surrender.